Shoosmiths - Assistant case handler | Glassdoor

"Assistant case handler"

Current Employee - Assistant Case Handler in Northampton, England

I have been working at Shoosmiths full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice offices Lots of knowledge around you and you feel supported Great people working here. Working day flies past and is generally enjoyable.

Cons

Rules and expectations seem totally inflexible. If something needs to be done outside work you find yourself struggling with how to get it past management. Some people seem to be unable to deal with individuals. One way of speaking to someone fits all - whether you are 18 or 50!

Advice to Management

Find ways of making yourselves more approachable. Acknowledge people working outside hours and don't assume (or don't appear to assume) that they are doing it because of their lack of ability to get the work done during the course of the working day. A generic email does not suffice.

Shoosmiths2016-10-02

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Friendly place to work"

Former Employee - Systems Developer in Northampton, England

I worked at Shoosmiths full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good staff. Slowly adapting to the times.

Cons

No training & repetitive work. Rigid salary structure. No possible progression. Working from home frowned upon.

Advice to Management

Keep hold of your key staff.

Shoosmiths2019-09-29
  2. "VACATION SCHEME PLACEMENT - MANCHESTER"

Current Intern - Vacation Scheme in Manchester, England

I have been working at Shoosmiths for less than a year

Pros

There were a number of pros throughout the week: 1. Great introduction to the team and the practice area so you did not feel too overwhelmed. 2. Everybody is very welcoming. 3. The firm is very inclusive, and there is a lovely culture which resonates throughout. 4. Hands-on legal experience of typical trainee tasks. 5. Multiple Social/Networking Events to get to know the team. 6. Approachability across the entire... firm - including at Partner Level. 7. Encouraged to be yourself and get involved with opportunities. 8. Allowed us to take our initiative and organise a charity bake sale to raise money for the office charity.

Cons

- There have been no downsides at all, except I wish the Placement was for longer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The insight provided is brilliant and we are given so much confidence to put ourselves into positions which might make us uncomfortable but to get to know people and make the most of the opportunities.

Shoosmiths2019-06-14

Discover more reviews about Shoosmiths.