Shoosmiths - Great firm that offers fair opportunity to progress. | Glassdoor

"Great firm that offers fair opportunity to progress."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Shoosmiths full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, culture and environment. Opportunity to have your ideas considered and implemented. Transparency with figures and team / individual performance. Autonomy to get on with your day job, but support when you need it. Monthly office 'team brief' to share any relevant news. Good opportunities to get involved in recruitment and training of juniors / trainees. Great L&D / training support with... programmes like Ignite. Visible operations board across the office network

Cons

Laptops and agile working is nice, but the general IT systems could do with some improvement and more regular updates from the department would help. Also, the lack of bonus structure which is on offer at most other firms.

Shoosmiths2018-04-17

Shoosmiths Response

June 4, 2019Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your details feedback about the firm.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Friendly place to work"

Former Employee - Systems Developer in Northampton, England

I worked at Shoosmiths full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good staff. Slowly adapting to the times.

Cons

No training & repetitive work. Rigid salary structure. No possible progression. Working from home frowned upon.

Advice to Management

Keep hold of your key staff.

Shoosmiths2019-09-29
  2. "VACATION SCHEME PLACEMENT - MANCHESTER"

Current Intern - Vacation Scheme in Manchester, England

I have been working at Shoosmiths for less than a year

Pros

There were a number of pros throughout the week: 1. Great introduction to the team and the practice area so you did not feel too overwhelmed. 2. Everybody is very welcoming. 3. The firm is very inclusive, and there is a lovely culture which resonates throughout. 4. Hands-on legal experience of typical trainee tasks. 5. Multiple Social/Networking Events to get to know the team. 6. Approachability across the entire... firm - including at Partner Level. 7. Encouraged to be yourself and get involved with opportunities. 8. Allowed us to take our initiative and organise a charity bake sale to raise money for the office charity.

Cons

- There have been no downsides at all, except I wish the Placement was for longer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The insight provided is brilliant and we are given so much confidence to put ourselves into positions which might make us uncomfortable but to get to know people and make the most of the opportunities.

Shoosmiths2019-06-14

Discover more reviews about Shoosmiths.