Shoosmiths - Legal admin | Glassdoor

"Legal admin"

Former Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Manchester, England

I worked at Shoosmiths full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Some great people -Free fruit

Cons

-whole firm full of cliques -Made a lot of the admins do jobs we should not have been doing that were case handler jobs but obviously they pay us less so win win for them -shocking wages -HR staff are rude and inconsiderate -constantly working hard no praise - bullying - Workload is large and always got pressured and bullied into doing work at a stupidly quick rate -would not recommend working for the Arrow... global team one bit awful environment full of negativity

Advice to Management

Think more about your staff members

Shoosmiths2018-09-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Friendly place to work"

Former Employee - Systems Developer in Northampton, England

I worked at Shoosmiths full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good staff. Slowly adapting to the times.

Cons

No training & repetitive work. Rigid salary structure. No possible progression. Working from home frowned upon.

Advice to Management

Keep hold of your key staff.

Shoosmiths2019-09-29
  2. "VACATION SCHEME PLACEMENT - MANCHESTER"

Current Intern - Vacation Scheme in Manchester, England

I have been working at Shoosmiths for less than a year

Pros

There were a number of pros throughout the week: 1. Great introduction to the team and the practice area so you did not feel too overwhelmed. 2. Everybody is very welcoming. 3. The firm is very inclusive, and there is a lovely culture which resonates throughout. 4. Hands-on legal experience of typical trainee tasks. 5. Multiple Social/Networking Events to get to know the team. 6. Approachability across the entire... firm - including at Partner Level. 7. Encouraged to be yourself and get involved with opportunities. 8. Allowed us to take our initiative and organise a charity bake sale to raise money for the office charity.

Cons

- There have been no downsides at all, except I wish the Placement was for longer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The insight provided is brilliant and we are given so much confidence to put ourselves into positions which might make us uncomfortable but to get to know people and make the most of the opportunities.

Shoosmiths2019-06-14

Discover more reviews about Shoosmiths.