Shoosmiths - Disappointing | Glassdoor

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Fee Earner

I have been working at Shoosmiths full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free tea and coffee - Nice offices (in places)

Cons

- Partners that are totally unapproachable and think too much of themselves. - Huge communication issues across the firm that lead to time consuming and costly issues that could be easily avoided if the firm truly practiced the value of communication it so readily attempts to drill into everyone. - Spends too much time talking up its values instead of actually make real change. - Deaf managers who are out of... touch with the feelings and morale of their team. - Poor benefits and holiday. - Below market rate pay.

Advice to Management

Instead of constantly talking up values, make fundamental change to processes at firm level. Give employees working under often inadequate managers a line of communication to senior figures to enable real views to be made known.

Shoosmiths2019-04-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great people and great variety of work"

Current Intern - Vacation Scheme Student

I have been working at Shoosmiths for less than a year

Pros

The people are absolutely lovely. Everyone was so welcoming and approachable and took time out of their day to talk to me. The variety of work I was given by my supervisor was also excellent.

Cons

No cons - everything is fabulous

Shoosmiths2019-06-14
  2. "VACATION SCHEME PLACEMENT - MANCHESTER"

Current Intern - Vacation Scheme in Manchester, England

I have been working at Shoosmiths for less than a year

Pros

There were a number of pros throughout the week: 1. Great introduction to the team and the practice area so you did not feel too overwhelmed. 2. Everybody is very welcoming. 3. The firm is very inclusive, and there is a lovely culture which resonates throughout. 4. Hands-on legal experience of typical trainee tasks. 5. Multiple Social/Networking Events to get to know the team. 6. Approachability across the entire... firm - including at Partner Level. 7. Encouraged to be yourself and get involved with opportunities. 8. Allowed us to take our initiative and organise a charity bake sale to raise money for the office charity.

Cons

- There have been no downsides at all, except I wish the Placement was for longer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The insight provided is brilliant and we are given so much confidence to put ourselves into positions which might make us uncomfortable but to get to know people and make the most of the opportunities.

Shoosmiths2019-06-14

Discover more reviews about Shoosmiths.