Shoosmiths - Top culture, values, people | Glassdoor

"Top culture, values, people"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Northampton, England

I have been working at Shoosmiths full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Shoosmiths people are invested in their values which drives the culture. The environment is friendly, people are approachable, and communication is clear from the top.

Cons

On site catering would be good. Some sites have limited parking, or are out of city locations. But these points have a minimal impact on every day working.

Advice to Management

Keep building upon the success of the firm, be forward-looking, and future-minded, to enable employees to be retained.

Shoosmiths2019-05-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great people and great variety of work"

Current Intern - Vacation Scheme Student

I have been working at Shoosmiths for less than a year

Pros

The people are absolutely lovely. Everyone was so welcoming and approachable and took time out of their day to talk to me. The variety of work I was given by my supervisor was also excellent.

Cons

No cons - everything is fabulous

Shoosmiths2019-06-14
  2. "VACATION SCHEME PLACEMENT - MANCHESTER"

Current Intern - Vacation Scheme in Manchester, England

I have been working at Shoosmiths for less than a year

Pros

There were a number of pros throughout the week: 1. Great introduction to the team and the practice area so you did not feel too overwhelmed. 2. Everybody is very welcoming. 3. The firm is very inclusive, and there is a lovely culture which resonates throughout. 4. Hands-on legal experience of typical trainee tasks. 5. Multiple Social/Networking Events to get to know the team. 6. Approachability across the entire... firm - including at Partner Level. 7. Encouraged to be yourself and get involved with opportunities. 8. Allowed us to take our initiative and organise a charity bake sale to raise money for the office charity.

Cons

- There have been no downsides at all, except I wish the Placement was for longer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The insight provided is brilliant and we are given so much confidence to put ourselves into positions which might make us uncomfortable but to get to know people and make the most of the opportunities.

Shoosmiths2019-06-14

Discover more reviews about Shoosmiths.