Shopify - Fantastic place to work | Glassdoor
  1. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Product Design Lead in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Shopify for a month now, and in my 20 year career it is by far the best place I've worked at. The people are supportive, trusting, brilliant and moreover extremely kind. It's a rare place. Toby is doing a great job keeping the culture of a startup with the backing of an extremely successful company. Well done Shopify!

Cons

None I can see. It's really a fantastic place to work. I'm very happy. Keep it up! Seriously, great place.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!!

Shopify2017-09-05

"Challenging but Rewarding"

Current Employee - Expansion Pack in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, colleagues in SF are wonderful, regular travel opportunities, interesting problems to work on, growth opportunities, great benefits.

Cons

Some internal politics and battles for resources (but I've seen much worse). It can be challenging to be a small US office of a large Canadian company but the HQ offices are getting better at remembering about us.

Advice to Management

I have high confidence in the way things are going.

Shopify2019-06-14

"The culture is great, the job not so much"

Current Employee - Customer Success Guru in Remote, OR

I have been working at Shopify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the people in Guruland are amazing. Perks are okay and working from home is amazing.

Cons

The job is ultimately a customer service one in which you have to support everything - Paypal, Google Analytics, Amazon...literally all the integrations available, not just the actual platform. Worse though is the difficulty in switching roles - if you're hired as a guru and want to move to a support position, you can pretty much forget it unless you're up for some serious remote networking. Despite claims to the... contrary, this company is not a meritocracy.

Advice to Management

Make it easier for staff experienced in the platform to switch roles - no one wants to do customer service forever.

Shopify2019-07-16

Discover more reviews about Shopify.