Cover image for Shopify

Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Perfect

Dec 1, 2022 - Frontend Shopify Developer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is great and was super.

Cons

Nothing special but was great really

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best Place to work as a full time employee

Feb 1, 2023 - Store Manager in Canada, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great clients to deal with

Cons

no cons perfect job for everyone

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Do not work at Shopify LA

Jan 9, 2023 - Event Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Community Managers at Shopify LA (and Shopify NYC) are lovely, talented go-getters who are a delight to work with. Unfortunately, they're not being given the opportunities they deserve because of management.

Cons

The lead who runs Shopify LA is a selfish, terrible manager with no people skills. She has bullied 6 people out of Shopify LA over the last 4 years (myself included) and HR doesn't seem to care. She picks favorites and creates a hostile work environment for people she personally doesn't like. It doesn't matter if they're a great worker -- if she doesn't like you, you won't get the same opportunities as others. She's manipulative, secretive, and horrible to work with. Many things happened over the last year that made working for Shopify LA awful, too many things to list, but my last straw? This manager once pulled me aside and asked me, "Do you even want to be here?" and followed it with "I know you have a lot going on in your personal life right now and I don't take any of that personally, but other people might not know what you're going through and you can be really hard to be around". The personal stuff I had going on? My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I told her about this because I knew my work would be affected. Upon hearing the news, she bullied and gaslit me until I left. Shopify prides itself on being an empathetic company with great leadership and at a point that was true. I saw the shift happen in real time and this is no longer a place where people should work to feel fulfilled.

Continue reading
    14 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Shopify.

Shopify Careers

Cover image for Shopify

Shape the future of commerce, wherever you are. Shopify is rewriting the rules of the modern economy. If you believe in the power of...More

• Shopifolk
  • Culture
  • Careers
  • Digital by Design

Shopify Photos

+ Add Photo
Shopify photo of: Customer Success Guru working remotely in Wellington New Zealand
Shopify photo of: Tobi Lutke, CEO, at Shopify Summit