Shopko Stores - Great place to gain friends and experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Shopko Stores

"Great place to gain friends and experience"

Former Employee - General Merchandise Supervisor
Former Employee - General Merchandise Supervisor

Pros

Shopko is perfect for high schoolers, college students and retired people as the schedules are flexible and asking for time off is almost always granted and are always allowed to switch shifts. Our store was great about adjusting availablities and accomidating. Training for teammates is very good and detailed. "Star service" promotions are nice and used to give teammates rewards like gift cards for good work. There is a great system in place for freight, backstocking and filling. Employee discount is very nice to have.

Cons

Employees were praised but it was usually the supervisors that would praise teammates- not management meaning it wouldn't be remembered when yearly review time was up. Middle managers and supervisors get all the blame when things "go wrong" on the store level and the store manager hardly takes responsibity. Department specialists need more credit as they do a ton of work and develop relationships with customers.

Advice to Management

Give supervisors more credit because they're usually the ones doing the work and encouraging teammates. Let all teammates give imput on how the store does things and let teammates survey their managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Shopko Stores

1. "Apparel Sales Associate"

I worked at Shopko Stores part-time

Pros

They allowed me to have flexible hours while I was a high school and college student

Cons

The job got very tedious at the end of the day
    Customers would steal a lot of the merchandise, which we couldn't do anything about

Advice to Management

Come up with ways to make working there more interesting for young people

2. "Love my Job"

Pros

Works great with life schedule
    acccomodating

Cons

not the best pay in the world.