Shutterfly - I enjoy going to work each day. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly

"I enjoy going to work each day."

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

I really liked most of the people. The products are great and the little perks like promo codes, free drinks and discounted snacks are nice. Company wide meetings are held every quarter and over attempts at communication is good.

Cons

Can get to be political. If you are on the wrong side, or don't have the right "friends", it can be hard to advance. Some depts have a lot of turnover and there are limited consequences for repeated mistakes which creates a lack of ownership and responsibility for you work.

Advice to Management

it is not all about the new employees, don't forget your more senior ones who have helped you reached the status you are at today

Other Employee Reviews for Shutterfly

1. "Great place to be if you are patient and entrepreneurial"

Current Employee - Manager - Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Fantastic brand name, innovative growing company, people who know Shutterfly, love Shutterfly. Great reputation by customers. If you have the right personality, you can do great there. Shutterfly HR does an amazing job of growing a family within Shutterfly. A director here is equal to a VP role at most companies and they pay accordingly.

Cons

These could be cons depending on how you perceive them. To others they may be pros. 1. Still operates like a small start up company with no real processes, so things can get confusing. 2. Other than the product, most parts of marketing are not very innovative. 3. There is 0 onboarding, you have to be a go getter. If you can break through and get past all that - it's great! It takes more than a smart person with a lot of experience to work at Shutterfly. 4. You have to have major politics skills and be ok with dealing with it. It takes a mountain to move a molehill. 5. There is not much leadership from the C levels, you have to find things out on your own and be proactive.

Advice to Management

C level management needs to be more active and involved, getting hands dirty every once in a while.

2. "This is a five star company! I hope it continues to prosper as it continues to make lasting memories for people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

The company just makes you feel special as an employee, the pay is good and the benefits are excellent!

Cons

I like my job so much that I hate to miss work even when I am sick. Don't know if that is a blessing or a curse.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.