Shutterfly - Shutterfly rocks! | Glassdoor

"Shutterfly rocks!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA

Pros

We have an incredibly talented group of senior management and employees, and we treat each other with respect. We have a culture that rewards performance and good business thinking and strategy, and not politics.

As a company that focuses on helping other create and preserve memories, many of which are related to families, we have great respect for our employees' needs to balance work and family life. It is also just plain fun to work on a product and service that you know makes others' lives happier and better.

Cons

As a medium-sized public company, we have somewhat limited resources to execute all of the great ideas that our team has. So we have to be patient and prioritize, which can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to build our culture, hire great people, and keep us focused on building a great company for years to come.

Other Employee Reviews for Shutterfly

1. "Shutterfly ROCKS!"

Current Employee - Final Assembly Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Final Assembly Lead in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The best place to work. Great Training and tools provided to allow each one to succed.

Cons

Lunch time is limited to 20 min. could be longer

Advice to Management

Expand lunch to 30 min.

"How you talk - that is waht matters NOT what you talk."

Current Employee - IT Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Company based on a good social concept. Many employees are smart and capable. You get a lot of small perks like picnics, games, cookies etc.

Cons

Top Management except perhaps the CEO and CFO do not seem passionate about the company. They are hands off and clueless about how the company runs. So many sycophants under them have made this company their haven. You need not know what happened to walk away with the biggest prize in All Hands meeting. All management positions are almost always filled from outside. There is no scientific analysis of the effectiveness of the promotions and discounts, there is no cost-benefit analysis of the projects. Everything seems to work well on auto-pilot.

Advice to Management

You have stopped thinking creatively. There are too many VPs and Directors. There is not enough to do for them. Go by one-strike rule for the top management. Aggressively review the hiring and retention at the middle management level. One third of your workforce does not contribute anything, do you know that?