Siemens Healthineers - Lab Assistant I | Glassdoor

"Lab Assistant I"

Former Contractor - Lab Assistant I in West Sacramento, CA
Former Contractor - Lab Assistant I in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Siemens Healthineers as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Team composed of fresh-out-of-college faces allowed me to get a foot in the door straight after graduation. Everyone in the whole factory was friendly and really cared to get to know you.

Cons

Hours on swing shift made it hard to have a normal pattern in your life. Team leads were not always the friendliest, but management worked closely with them to ensure fair and just treatment. Temps do not always get hired on full-time, so no benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens Healthineers

1. "Beware of integration"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, DE

I have been working at Siemens Healthineers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaboration driven management style with great sense of teamwork. Minor disruptions from integration of three corporate cultures into one harmonized DX organization. Great values within the DX division.

Cons

Integration into broader Siemens Healthcare sector. (Germany). Imaging and Laboratory Diagnostics are very different business models with different customer bases. Reitermann was a good choice due to Imaging history and willingness to listen to why some DX processes may need to differ from Imaging protocols. Others in Germany still not listening though....

"500 lb gorilla of a company tangled up w/too many acquisitions"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Newark, DE

I have been working at Siemens Healthineers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Travel to many countries across the globe. Climb the corporate ladder if that's your thing. If you are capable of finishing your work on time and do so, you can more or less work autonomously.

Cons

Company promotes shrewd and selfish behavior. Management does whatever it takes to get the blame and focus off of his or her plate as quickly as possible. If it means snubbing a lower employee or producing an inferior product, then so be it. As long as the schedule is met. Company works in a overly political and vertical nature. Recent union of multiple companies has left many road blocks in the way of progress. Procedures for practically everything means rigid structure slows things down to a crawl and overly complicates things. If it's not an instrument that is being developed, the system does not apply. SAP.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting selfish sharks. Stop moving people around mid project. Stop overworking employees. Stop sending production to China.