Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics - Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics is great company to work for!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics

"Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics is great company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Decatur, IL
Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Decatur, IL

Pros

The pay they offered was the highest I ever received, however I just completed my Bachelors before retaining this job.
So far, I completely love it. They offer 6% match on your 401k which is unheard of anymore by many other employers and also offer 2 weeks of vacation from DAY1!!!, which is awesome! They are trying to keep people informed of what is going on thru regional meetings although it is the managers job to pass down the information. There are a lot of changes in the works for late this year and all Field Engineers are going to an hourly rate system since this is how Dade Behring(One of the acquisitional companies last year) has done things. They are still feeling growing pains since the 4 are merging into one big company and they have the framework to be a very good company and place to work. Jim Reid Anderson seems like a very likable CEO and very down to earth guy!! They also offer 5250 dollars a year towards education reimbursement which I plan on using.

Cons

Big company may be causing some growing pains so we'll have to wait til next year to see how it all pans out, but so far I am pleasantly surprised and have no plans leaving this company anytime soon. I just don't have much bad to say, they did just cut off quarterly bonuses which I was not happy about but supposedly we will be able to earn it in other ways.

Advice to Management

Remember the little guys who are out there working hard for the company and bring back the bonuses.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics

"Great potential; but the parts aren't all working together Top management dictatorial and hobbling next layers"

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

Pros

Industry Leader, broad portfolio of products no other company can match. Parent company has the wherewithal to see through its vision of merging in-vitro and in-vivo (imaging) diagnostics. Some terrific product lines (Dimension, Centaur, Urinalysis, Syva, Blood Gas). Passionate about customers, especially at field level. Consistent R&D investment. Truly worldwide mindset.

Cons

Company is still struggling to create one culture and one vision from the four (Dade, Bayer Diagnostics, DPC, and Siemens) that have come together over the last two years - and some people are exhausted after having worked on it for those two years . The Dade culture is primary, and ideas from the others unwelcome. The inevitable redundancies, cost controls, and benefits unifications resulting from 11B Euro of acquisitions are emotionally painful. However, this will settle out over time.

Because of its size, the parent company is bureaucratic, and you must stay clear of groups looking to expand their remit and increase their size.

Advice to Management

Top leadership TELLS the organization what to do, with too much inertia from current direction. It seems uninterested in alternatives to its dictates, and has created an environment where their actions and strategy are not, and cannot be, questioned. This severely stifles creativity and enthusiasm of the management below them, ultimately resulting in a class of managers that are good followers but not independent thinkers or leaders. You must groom the people, and prepare the organization, for the expected exodus once the retention payments (to retain top and high management through the acquisition) are paid late 2008.

"An okay place"

Current Employee - Biochemist I
    Current Employee - Biochemist I

Pros

Comparatively, the benefits are not bad. The company just announced an employee stock purchase program and the contributions for medical coverage are reasonable. There are a lot of employee discounts available and they match the 401k. What also is nice, at least in my location, is that most of the people who work here have been employed for quite some time. It's not uncommon to see people with 10-25 years of experience.

Cons

Work is bland and can be painfully slow at times, and finding the right person in a different functional group with answers to a problem is a definite barrier to productivity. Integration of three former companies hasn't been terrible detriment to my everyday functioning, but information sharing has been a nightmare. Depending on who your director is, different information trickles down at different times. Also times inappropriate people give presentations on topics they're barely educated on, and it is hardly inspiring to the rest of us.

Advice to Management

Please make sure that before presenting a new system or administrative task to us, that you yourself understand it and can answer questions about it. Some of management does this better than others.