Siemens - Very corporate environment. | Glassdoor

"Very corporate environment."

Current Employee - Control Engineer in Beltsville, MD
Current Employee - Control Engineer in Beltsville, MD

Pros

Good benefits and a company vehicle are very nice. Some very good people work here.

Cons

Really wish I could work from home. In my opinion, this isn't a very desirable location to live in so most people commute from 1 hr + away. I hate commutes so this is kind of a big deal for me.
Salary seems low for the area. I couldn't afford any decent housing in the DC area with my salary.

Advice to Management

Option to work from home a few days a week would be nice.
I am an engineer that does PM work. I knowthe PMs get bonuses on their jobs that perform well, but I won't see any bonuses because I'm not a PM, even though I am doing the same work. Seems unfair.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

"Hectic, but for a good cause"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Mateo, CA

Pros

The industry is a little peculiar - heavily regulated utilities that move pretty slow - but reducing global electric/gas/water consumption is a great cause and it's global in scope. The past year has been a good transition to a more focused development roadmap, allowing us to hit our objectives.

Cons

Team is overloaded with work and has been on overdrive for too long.

Advice to Management

Do a more realistic resource analysis

2. "A reliable, conservative company where change is slow yet it is armed with untapped talent potential."

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Global, international company. Strong focus on sustainability and optimization of broad portfolio and harmonization of processes & systems.

Cons

Change is slow since the large majority of directives comes from global headquarter in Germany. Executive leadership jobs and management positions are still largely non-representative of the minority landscape that makes the US a great country.

Advice to Management

Aggressively work on a strategic diversity plan that will be clearly represented and seen at the executive level and senior level management. Purposely seek to change the face of Siemens Industry in the US and worldwide.