Siemens - This is how it's supposed to be | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

"This is how it's supposed to be"

Current Employee - Fire and Security Technician in Pensacola, FL
Current Employee - Fire and Security Technician in Pensacola, FL

Pros

I guess that the deciding factor that makes Siemens a great place to work probably depends largely on the person running the branch. I used to read these reviews, and would come across one like I am about to write and say to myself, "I hate that guy". But since I have been here ( seven months) I actually look foreward to coming to work again. Here at my branch we have Complete professional freedom when it comes to scheduling your work, and how you perform your work. I mean, who knows about the tasks to be done, and how to coordinate them with the customer better than the person that does it every day? I came from SimplexGrinnell, and after ten years of seing how they did things, I can assure you that running a branch office how this one is being ran is the reason that our customer ratings here are WORLD CLASS. Period. We have a very talented team, and our growth rate here is unbelievable. But here's the catch; you have to be the kind of person that can get things done, and not the type who is not motivated and just lets stuff fall through the cracks.

Cons

Very little feedback from management about job performance (good or bad).

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Keep letting us do what we do without micro-managing us. You get ALOT more productivity out of us this way because we stay happier. And when we are happier, we do a ton more than what is required of us. Common sense, huh? My last employer just could'nt grasp that concept, though. And it rotted the office from the inside out.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

1. "Administrative assistant"

Former Employee - Business Administrator in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Administrator in San Diego, CA

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, good benefits and nice team work environment. Stable employer with some interesting industry dominance. A good place to start a career out of college.

Cons

Little career progress and growth potential, slow decision making process, not very dynamic.
    If not senior management you get hardly noticed for the work done. Need to work on recognition of lower rank employees to boost morale

Advice to Management

Provide more mentoring and career choices for less senior and younger staff. Better communication between the senior and middle management

2. "it is absolutely great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

fun to represent a company that is capable of so much. I think that the first real innovative commercials that I had seen in 2006 really drew me in.

Cons

Not to many cons. The business is very cut throat. I understand that there are very difficult decisions to be made on an everyday basis.