Siemens - Good American Manufacturer | Glassdoor

"Good American Manufacturer"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Company values their employees, has learning and development programs for each employee, and is dedicated to advancing those that work.

Cons

VERY large company, with lots of red tape and politics. Occasionally, these get in the way of making the best choices for the business.

Advice to Management

Consider giving ALL employees incentives to keep the company's best interests in mind (i.e. profit sharing, annual bonus, etc.)

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

1. "Well balanced portfolio poised to attain profitable growth."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great benefits
    Good career opportunities
    Sustainable Organization
    Good work/life balance
    Overall the organization offers great benefits and competitive pay and is a stable organization

Cons

Competitive Salaries
    Large Organization
    Cumbersome Processes and Quality Checks
    Overall it can be difficult to navigate the company and network for career advancement

Advice to Management

Offer competitive compensation when promoting from within. Company has a policy of only offering a modest increase in pay when promoting employees even though that might not be the market rate.

"This is how it's supposed to be"

Current Employee - Fire and Security Technician in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Fire and Security Technician in Pensacola, FL

Pros

I guess that the deciding factor that makes Siemens a great place to work probably depends largely on the person running the branch. I used to read these reviews, and would come across one like I am about to write and say to myself, "I hate that guy". But since I have been here ( seven months) I actually look foreward to coming to work again. Here at my branch we have Complete professional freedom when it comes to scheduling your work, and how you perform your work. I mean, who knows about the tasks to be done, and how to coordinate them with the customer better than the person that does it every day? I came from SimplexGrinnell, and after ten years of seing how they did things, I can assure you that running a branch office how this one is being ran is the reason that our customer ratings here are WORLD CLASS. Period. We have a very talented team, and our growth rate here is unbelievable. But here's the catch; you have to be the kind of person that can get things done, and not the type who is not motivated and just lets stuff fall through the cracks.

Cons

Very little feedback from management about job performance (good or bad).

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Keep letting us do what we do without micro-managing us. You get ALOT more productivity out of us this way because we stay happier. And when we are happier, we do a ton more than what is required of us. Common sense, huh? My last employer just could'nt grasp that concept, though. And it rotted the office from the inside out.