Siemens - People are dispensable | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"People are dispensable"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is reasonable. Benefits are about average. Lots of opportunities for learning.

Cons

If you are in the U.S. you are not an equal with your European counterparts. Goal setting and reviews are quite arbitrary. Stating that only a tiny number of people should be rated 4 or 5 totally destroys motivation.

Advice to Management

Think about what your people are doing for you rather than fitting them into a mold.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

"Slow firm with lots of older people (even the young ones seemed old)"

Former Employee - Product Marketing Engineer in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Engineer in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Siemens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady, easy work, great people, interesting products, good work/life balance, and I had a very good manager. I suspect if I had stayed more than a few months I would have been challenged a bit more. Very good benefits. Good place to work if you are OK with a generally slow pace, very predictive work load, and no more than 8 hours required, 5 days a week kind of environment. I had to leave.

Cons

Slow place for an active mind. Compensation is probably in-line with the old school culture. After I left, HR was quite recalcitrant about paying my unused vacation time and back taxes on a signing bonus I had to repay. I had to threaten legal action after three months before I could get them to react.

Advice to Management

create a fast-track program for people of all levels of seniority to move up or into a different area within the firm. Provide in-house training on areas slightly outside of the core business.

"Waste of good talent"

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff is all very intelligent and experienced. Products and services are good when executed properly. Good benefits, good working environment.

Cons

Inflated management, understaffed operations, poorly executed solutions, untimely service, non-responsiveness, no accountability, customer dissatisfaction, way too many procedures and not enought solutions to problems, lack of customer-focus.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on proper execution. Plan accordingly for operations to be prepared for workload.