Siemens - Siemens Industry, Inc. | Glassdoor

"Siemens Industry, Inc."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Siemens full-time

Pros

- great colleagues
- very diversed teams from all over the world
- creative environment with lots of professional challenges
- a ton of non-financial benefits
- responsible employer

Cons

- too huge, a lot of beurocracy
- insufficient career development, especially for young professionals
- almost impossible to improve some internal processes

Advice to Management

You should monitor some young talents a bit deeper and let them grow within the company

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

1. "Gotta wear waders while working here, the s#*t is deep!!"

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-interesting scope of work
    -descent benefits
    -good location

Cons

They preach safety, but dont practice what they preach. If something is broken and causing a safety concern, fix it properly. Do not put your employees in danger. Worn down equipment, but band-aided to make it function. Local management is a lot to blame. In my particular experience, mangement will tell you to "make a decision", but then reem your ass for not making the right one. One particular occurance, there was a task that needed to be completed "as soon as possible", but I warned my superior that it was unsafe to act. They proceeded to tell me do what it takes to get the job done this time and we will fix it afterwards. That is a common practice at the facility I worked. There are some shining stars in management, but you have to really search for them. Things are still run the same as they were in the Arrowhead days. You can not opperate a company in 2012 the same as it was run in 1992.

Advice to Management

Management needs to wake up and look at why so many employees are disgruntled. Also, take notice of turnover in certain locations. You all are losing valuable empolyees with a lot of experience. I hope that when someone actually decides to purchase SWT, they have enough sense to clean out some of the local management. Lucas has done as good a job as he could. You can buff and shine a turd, but, at the end of the day, IT IS STILL A TURD!

"Leadership is horrible and employee are not treated fairly!"

Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Malvern, PA

I worked at Siemens full-time

Pros

Still the best in technology in medical domain, better and stronger than Philips, especially GE in Innovation!

Cons

There are a lot of middle level managers useless and ready to take advantages on employees. There is no much leaderhip in local management. Credits can be taken by managers or some senior colleagues. Collaboration internal and external is a big issue. Employee satisfication rate is low!