Siemens - Accepting this Internship offer was one of the worst decisions of my life!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

"Accepting this Internship offer was one of the worst decisions of my life!!!!"

Former Intern - Supply Chain & Purchasing Intern in Malvern, PA
Former Intern - Supply Chain & Purchasing Intern in Malvern, PA

I worked at Siemens as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There were none except maybe their cafe.

Cons

1) The entire department is talking behind interns if one doesn't submit work on time or makes any mistake..... I was here for descent challenge but they expect new interns to know everything without any clear instructions..Absolutely brutal.
2) You better know Excel inside out....above advanced skills to survive here.
3) If you're not meeting their expectations they will kick you out....this is the first time I ever saw a company kick out interns which i find ridiculous.
4) The most unprofessional place I have ever seen, Senior Directors and managers cursing out on regular basis but it didn't bother me.
5) The internship was just horrible especially the work.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

"Slow firm with lots of older people (even the young ones seemed old)"

Former Employee - Product Marketing Engineer in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Engineer in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Siemens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady, easy work, great people, interesting products, good work/life balance, and I had a very good manager. I suspect if I had stayed more than a few months I would have been challenged a bit more. Very good benefits. Good place to work if you are OK with a generally slow pace, very predictive work load, and no more than 8 hours required, 5 days a week kind of environment. I had to leave.

Cons

Slow place for an active mind. Compensation is probably in-line with the old school culture. After I left, HR was quite recalcitrant about paying my unused vacation time and back taxes on a signing bonus I had to repay. I had to threaten legal action after three months before I could get them to react.

Advice to Management

create a fast-track program for people of all levels of seniority to move up or into a different area within the firm. Provide in-house training on areas slightly outside of the core business.

2. "Large Company"

Former Employee - Mid Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Mid Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, challenging work, room to move around in career, great corporate responsibility

Cons

Lots of Bureaucracy, Layers of Upper Management, Company has lots of different divisions that have different procedures

Advice to Management

Learn and listen from Mid Managers and to the employees as you visit more locations. Meet with them, see them in action performing their job function to understand what the issues are, and listen to the people who really know what could be improved upon, and take action.