Siemens - Accepting this Internship offer was one of the worst decisions of my life!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

"Accepting this Internship offer was one of the worst decisions of my life!!!!"

Former Intern - Supply Chain & Purchasing Intern in Malvern, PA
Former Intern - Supply Chain & Purchasing Intern in Malvern, PA

I worked at Siemens as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There were none except maybe their cafe.

Cons

1) The entire department is talking behind interns if one doesn't submit work on time or makes any mistake..... I was here for descent challenge but they expect new interns to know everything without any clear instructions..Absolutely brutal.
2) You better know Excel inside out....above advanced skills to survive here.
3) If you're not meeting their expectations they will kick you out....this is the first time I ever saw a company kick out interns which i find ridiculous.
4) The most unprofessional place I have ever seen, Senior Directors and managers cursing out on regular basis but it didn't bother me.
5) The internship was just horrible especially the work.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

1. "Large Company"

Former Employee - Mid Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Mid Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, challenging work, room to move around in career, great corporate responsibility

Cons

Lots of Bureaucracy, Layers of Upper Management, Company has lots of different divisions that have different procedures

Advice to Management

Learn and listen from Mid Managers and to the employees as you visit more locations. Meet with them, see them in action performing their job function to understand what the issues are, and listen to the people who really know what could be improved upon, and take action.

"OK, but don't get your hopes up"

Former Intern - Procurement Intern in Pine Brook, NJ
    Former Intern - Procurement Intern in Pine Brook, NJ

I worked at Siemens as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a knowledgable manager that was able to teach me basic business and procurement skills. Big name company that will help propel you into other jobs in the industry.

Cons

Nepotism, Nepotism, Nepotism. It was a miracle that I landed this internship considering I had no internal connections. Procurement organization pays interns low wages, while finance interns receive much better pay. I was a prime candidate for the Supply Chain Leadership Development program, but was not selected (most likely due to nepotism).

Advice to Management

If interns are high performing, give them first consideration for entry level positions.