Siemens - Not the type of company I want to be a part of | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

"Not the type of company I want to be a part of"

Former Employee - Leadership Development Participant
Former Employee - Leadership Development Participant

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay and Benefits
Value Knowledge
Work with a lot of smart engineers

Cons

What came across to me most was a "if you can't make it, fake it" culture. You were given numbers you were expected to hit and even management would tell you that if the team couldn't hit the numbers (because they were often a bad standard made by people who didn't understand the process) then you needed to find a way to make it look like you did.

In my opinion they also came across has having 0 loyalty. I was in a program for up and coming leaders that they spent quite a bit of money on. I left because after going on unnecessary company trips and outings we would go back to facilities and watch people get laid off. I knew that if that was what they were teaching upcoming management was ok in their company - I wanted nothing to do with it.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging the individual contributors by making decisions on their numbers from a different country - or if you do, listen to reason when they tell you its not possible. You are only hurting yourself but creating a culture where it is better that they lie to you about the numbers. Can't figure out why your savings never seem to match the numbers your teams are reporting? That's why!

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

"Research and Development intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Siemens as an intern

Pros

Multiculture workspace, friendly and enthusiastic people. Very nice supervisor, very nice work and life balance.

Cons

A little bit tedious, but if you are quiet into research, this is the choice for you.

2. "Excellent career development opportunities and support from executive management for those who produce the results"

Current Employee - Director, Engineering in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Engineering in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

(1) Conglomerate
    (2) Broad portfolio of products
    (3) Excellent career development opportunities and support from executive management for those who produce the results
    (4) Encourage international assignments
    (5) Great management
    (6) Excellent culture

Cons

(1) Large size obviously means decisions /actions can take time

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people