Siemens - My experience at Siemens was very good overall. I learned a lot working there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

"My experience at Siemens was very good overall. I learned a lot working there."

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Siemens being a big company has a multi-cultural environment which adds to your work experience. The Siemens "open office" concept introduced two years ago also encourages communication and team work. My manager always listened to the suggestions and problems faced by the team and tried to introduce changes. My team leader also took an interest in my future and made an effort to help me achieve my goals.

Cons

Like working for any other big company, there is always the downside of being overlooked between thousands of employees. Changes are slow to take place and meet with some resistance.

Advice to Management

I understand that being such a large organization, it is very difficult to control every move of every employee. When working at Siemens, there were some obvious signs of mismanagement in some departments, but it was not communicated to the top management.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

1. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Executive in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Executive in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Offers job security
    - Good learning opportunities

Cons

- Growth is not so fast
    - Salary is not upto the mark

Advice to Management

All the employees must be treated equally. Gender discrimination should be avoided to the extent possible.

"Battlefield between Danes and Germans"

Former Employee - Senior Management Member in Brande (Denmark)
    Former Employee - Senior Management Member in Brande (Denmark)

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Danish engineering and networking culture was carefully managed and nurtured by past managements until 2012, carefully observing a status quo. As a result, the technology could be really converted into gold: the strong sales and distribution network of Siemens embraced the new product; the green power movements created favourable international climate: resulting in explosive growth.
    Success and professional Management created a pioneering spirit that infused all departments and a collaborative culture was created that usually made up for the difficulties and smaller mistakes that usually exist with high-growth entities.
    At the heydays, people over 70 nationalities were able to work together in the distant rural land in Denmark.
    Post-2012 this is crumbling, but there are many good people who remember how it could be.

Cons

Dr Suess, the mighty Siemens Energy concern leader - overseeing the entire wind story being but one of his energy-related areas - put an end to international management by killing off the international part of the management as well as the international- minded German executives in half a year. All he saw was the different dynamics, and also that the unit has a distinct, not so traditional corporate culture. He wanted readjustment through sheer force - this never works with Danes. Good old war-instincts followed: newly recruited / transferred Germans pushed Siemens procedures & mantra, Danes moved back into shadowland, where information and decision making is well kept hidden, and the foreigners were increasingly crowded out feom positions.
    The strategy - further industrialisation of manufacturing processes to drive down costs- miserably failed, the Danes kept all info to protect their integrity, but for that same reason, R&D was not progressing in sufficient proportion as much organisational effort was lost to in-fighting;now company is facing increasingly complex delivery problems, many manufacturing partners are changed to "reliable Germans", culture is broken, and most of the leaders are not able to lead due to lack of capabilities or lack of internal acceptance. Suess sacked the guy he brought on, but now appointed another hardliner Siemensianer; the invasion will not stop. Now it's a battlefield.

Advice to Management

Do not make it German. Sell it to the Chinese.