Siemens - good benefits, hard to advance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

"good benefits, hard to advance"

Former Intern - Intern in Finspång (Sweden)
Former Intern - Intern in Finspång (Sweden)

I worked at Siemens as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Many benefits, good leadership, the company has a good reputation in general

Cons

Hard to advance in such a big company, not so good pay

Advice to Management

Let people work in different sections and not at the same place all the time.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

"Building Technologies"

Former Employee - Technician in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Technician in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Siemens is a very large and diverse organization, and there are a lot of positive aspects of their global corporate culture. The breadth of products and projects is staggering and quite impressive. The benefits/RRSP contributions/vacation time driven by the higher-level company standards are excellent, especially when compared to some of the other smaller players out there. Job security seemed to be there as I'd never known anyone to be laid off.

I also liked working with a lot of the individuals in the field and some of those in the office and the work was quite interesting at times. I would give anyone a cautious recommendation to work for them, being that if you know exactly what you want to do and you can do it right away then go for it, otherwise don't count on them to help you move up because it may or may not happen.

Cons

Management. Mainly at the local level but also higher-up. I think a lot of the managers running the show are set in their ways and are not in interested in making some important changes to how things are done. My impression was that they aren't afraid to mislead people to keep them happy. Specifically a lack of training and career advancement opportunities were ultimately the reasons I departed. When things were great they were great, but when you have problems it can seem almost impossible to get a human being to help you out, though I suppose this may be true of any large organization. The local corporate culture felt awkward and uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Please review your selection processes for managers. Years of experience does not mean a better manager sometimes - please consider employee surveys to be an indicator of approval and have a feedback process for those managers. Try to find ways to streamline the bureaucracy of your operation to help workers feel more like human beings.

2. "Senior Controller"

Former Employee - Senior Controller in Cairo (Egypt)
    Former Employee - Senior Controller in Cairo (Egypt)

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very Organized, and one of the most multinational have Clean Business as a strategy.

Cons

According to the compliance regulation, many unnecessary steps had been applied which lead to delay in the process and the managers decisions.

Advice to Management

Start development in the second managerial level, as there no second staff Siemens can depend on them in the near future.