Siemens - Siemens overall has good managers / employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

"Siemens overall has good managers / employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Resin Technologies has some pretty good, hardworking and knowledgeable managers and very good technical support. The company runs many good programs for safety, quality and customer satisfaction. The benefit package is very good. I was able to leave the engineering group for another position were I am much happier.

Cons

Though the company runs many good programs, they will not give enough time to run them effectively. Resin Technology is known to be the lowest paid in the water world. New projects daily without any support or assistance. Leadership is known to be extremely cheap and does not take care of their employees. Managers get promoted for being lapdogs and some are just total AZZHOWES. The company is being bled of talent and knowledge by a few bad apples in positions of power.

Advice to Management

Start taking care of your employees. Start leading by example when it comes to Leadership
Improve your pay structure to meet industry average. Some new Leadership is long overdue

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

1. "Safety is paramount"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Cimarron, KS
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Cimarron, KS

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, very good pay, excellent training. Siemens truly cares about their employees and works hard to keep each person safe at their wind sites.

Cons

I worked at a fairly isolated wind farm in Kansas. There were two phases of this site with a total of 8 technicians for 130 wind turbines. The contract for one farm called for a two-man team to be on call until 11pm. Most weekdays we worked 12 hours, Saturdays was an 8-hour day. *It just seemed like I worked "all the time". My quality of life decreased.

Advice to Management

Management would do well to back up their on-site supervisors with current, up-to-date training since the environment at a remote location changes quickly. I know they need to hire more wind techs too. Have supervisors read Ken Blanchard's "Whale Done".

2. "Thought this was going to be the experience of a lifetime."

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company that I have worked with for the past several years has been bought out by Siemens. I have been told Siemens owned this company once before and had taken very good of the employees and they received a nice severance package. Upon purchase of this company, the employees that were previous Siemens employees were given their time of service awarded.

Cons

Siemens is larger than the company that sold it, and yet the privious company had a better benefits package, and was more employee friendly. So far a lot of promises made, and none kept. Promises of hourly increase to rate with other Siemens companies have yet to be seen.

Advice to Management

Keep promises to those who are keeping your bills paid and keeping you in the lifestyle you have grown accustomed.