Siemens - Siemens. Great Career Position | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

"Siemens. Great Career Position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Pros

Encouragement to think outside the box, Independence to get the job done. Flexiblity in how work is completed. Everybody is treated with respect and professionalism.

Cons

Siemens is a great place to work. I felt we were very well paid for the work we did. However, while Siemens pays well, everybody works hard to earn every dollar.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for SIemens Management team. Everybody at Siemens does the best they can with the tools available.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

1. "Siemens is a great company that has good benefits and opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Siemens has great vacation and benefits packages from day one. Although its a very large company they try very hard to keep everyone up to date on what is going on. They are great to work for if you have a family and will give you tuition reimbursement if you decide to go back to school.

Cons

Without a degree there are very few jobs. Its nearly impossible to get hired unless you know someone or go through a temp agency.

Advice to Management

I work for Siemens Energy and do feel that the engineers are over worked. I think more focus on high schools and colleges to promote graduates in engineering is essential to the success of the company in the long run.

"Assessment of Work Environment at SEA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Good set of individual peers to deal with. Hard-working, pragmatic, amiable at my peer level. Some issues at lower levels, based upon their relationship with their supervisor, who was not a modern, nurturing leader who got the best out of the staff. SEA encouraged you to improve your business skills and provided for educational support. I felt comfortable working within the company and with this group of individuals. I had hoped to continue my career there until Siemens corporate proceeded with fairly massive staff cuts in 2009 and I was one of those involved because of lower seniority within the company.

Cons

SEA was slow to recognize additional effort to get things under control before they would become emergencies. There were many times that I shut the lights off at work to ensure all the work was done on schedule, in a professional manner, and to the customer's satisfaction - this extra effort was not recognized. Upper management was more involved with bottom line costs than with leadership of the company's staff. You had to be superman, or a sycophant, to be recognized by your boss for outstanding individual work. I still cannot understand how they rationalized my involuntary termination with the company. However, I have since met a lot of highly-qualified people looking for work who had similar experiences with their former companies.

Advice to Management

Take the time to get to know who your leaders are. Recognize individual achievers in those areas that may not be high-visibility, but who are solidly contributing to the bottom line.