Siemens - Wish I could recommend Siemens. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

"Wish I could recommend Siemens."

Former Employee - Account Representative in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Account Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

Good salary and benefits as befitting a mega corporation. Siemens has some wonderful products and even better people, but the lack of communications from upper management to the employees stinks. Maybe this comes from the German background where you are just supposed to shut up and follow orders, but it makes for a less than pleasant work experience.

Cons

Downsizing and believes in the mushroom principle (keep them in the dark and pile poop on them). Here you have great people and they are ignored. The constant specter of a division being sold or downsized demoralizes everyone. Then there is the little problem of bribes that has gotten Siemens in trouble around the world. That gets around to your customers and hurts credibility.

Advice to Management

A little communications would be nice. You have some great products and great people -- respect them on occasion.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens

1. "Bottomline is the top priority"

Current Employee - Systems Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Systems Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Company vehicle and gas card. Decent salary.

Cons

Not alot of feedback regarding performance. Review system doesn't truly reward employees.

Advice to Management

Management always seems to be looking at the bottom line and squezing more and more from employees, pushing harder and harder to make profits.

"Enjoyable place to work, the employees are too focused on the good ol' days, a company suffering from corporate incest."

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Buffalo Grove, IL

Pros

Immediate Management is very supportive and very active in career development. The employees are also very supportive and strive for excellence

Cons

There seems to be a perpetual air of layoffs. There is also a sense of "I wish it was the way it used to be" from the employees. They are too focused on the good ol' days and not living in the current situation.

Advice to Management

Employee turnover is a necessity to company health. While I realize we are right-sizing the company, we need to invest in new employees for innovative ideas. I feel that we are in a state of corporate incest where we are promoting from within and are not replacing entry level positions. There needs to be a better balance of rewarding current employees with promotions and bringing in new employees with fresh ideas.