Sierra-Cedar - For most it seems to be a great place. For me, not so much. | Glassdoor

"For most it seems to be a great place. For me, not so much."

I have been working at Sierra-Cedar for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay. Staffing Managers ask about your interest/availability for projects. They actually seem to care about you, your workload, what you feel comfortable with. Flexibility. Co-workers - you work with a lot of very smart people. Work with a great product

Cons

You're on your own. There doesn't seem to be a place to go to information or help. Coworkers are busy so you feel guilty about asking them for help if it something that will take more than a few minutes. There is little guidance about expectations and it seems these expectations change with every project you are assigned. You work with a lot of very smart, talented people, but there's very little opportunity... to learn from them or for people to readily share knowledge. There are also a lot of very new people who are trying to figure everything out. Very experienced or 'star' workers are stretched pretty thin across projects. There's very little communication from HQ to employees about that is happening with the company, policies, projects, etc. Can be very isolated.

Advice to Management

I don't really know what to say. It seems that what you are doing works for the vast majority of your employees. I've never thought of myself as being 'high maintenance,' but perhaps I am. In any case, I'm missing something. I guess if I could offer a suggestion, it would be this: You have to find ways to do a better job bringing new people into the organization and providing some type of on-going orientation... for them. From what I've heard, it seems that you are doing this now with a new hire course. However, that orientation needs to go a little further/longer.

Sierra-Cedar2017-05-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Love it here"

I have been working at Sierra-Cedar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vacation, flexibility, hours, and co-workers

Cons

No real room for advancement. Otherwise nothing major too mention.

Advice to Management

Make it possible for co-workers to congregate and get to know each other in the office every once in a while.

Sierra-Cedar2018-07-11

"Very clickish"

Former Employee - Client Hosting

I worked at Sierra-Cedar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Competitive salary, and most people work remotely.

Cons

The environment is very clickish and on the hosting side very Peoplesoft heavy. Hosting of other SaaS or ERPs has not been developed.

Advice to Management

Quit promoting incompetence and allow people to apply for positions instead of just moving people into positions they may not want to be moved to.

Sierra-Cedar2019-06-24

Discover more reviews about Sierra-Cedar.