Sierra Nevada Corporation - Long time employee | Glassdoor

"Long time employee"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At SNC I have worked on many challenging projects. We get full support to accomplish the mission. I work with incredibly intelligent teammates. It is very satisfying when the things we build are deployed and help the men and women in the field. Pay and benefits are great too.

Cons

you have to be a motivated self starter to work in engineering here. Our informal motto is 'no slackers'. Is that a con?

Advice to Management

keep the projects coming and add more motorcycle parking.

Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

1. "The big family business"

Current Employee - Procurement Specialist III in Greenville, TX
    Current Employee - Procurement Specialist III in Greenville, TX

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many people love their job, but do they love the people they work with? At SNC you can have both. During my 7 years here, I've worked on some of the coolest things in the world and worked with some of the most caring and dedicated people in the world. Going to work everyday here at SNC is like seeing family members everyday of the week. We work hard for the company and each other which is why we are able to do great things we do and as a result this company has grown by leaps and bounds. This company from the top down is built for success and values each and every one of their employees as if they were a member of their own family.

Cons

sorry, can't think of any at the moment.

2. "Simply the best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - DESIGNER III in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - DESIGNER III in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is small, but it is doing big things. I love the culture here - it is like home away from home. The people here are so incredibly talented and happy to share their knowledge. I learn something new every day. The work is exciting and challenging, and I get the biggest kick out of seeing our designs become realities. If you love a challenge and want to know that you are making a difference, then this job was made just for you.

Cons

This isn't a "con" per se, but this company demands the best from you and you have to be prepared to give it. Sometimes longer hours and aggressive schedules are a fact of life that requires sacrifices from everybody. If you are up to the challenge, the rewards are always worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. For better or worse, this has been my favorite place to work.