Sierra Nevada Corporation - One Great Year So Far! | Glassdoor

"One Great Year So Far!"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a really great group of people who are all very dedicated to the task at hand and are also extremely realistic, fair, and caring. I've been here for one year and the training process has gone very smoothly. My supervisor has vocalized that he puts thought into my career path and future with the company. The pay is fair for my experience level and the benefits are extremely competitive. I feel appreciated by the owners and that my opinion matters at all levels. I hope to be here for quite some time.

Cons

Of course, I can only speak to my own personal experience. I can't really vouch for other departments/sites.

Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

1. "Large company with a small-company feel"

Current Employee - Management in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Management in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generosity of the owners, first and foremost. They consistently demonstrate their caring for the SNC employees through generous benefits and taking care of employee families at crisis time through matching donations and such.

Cons

Rapid growth (positive) leaves a lot of corporate process not able to keep up with multi-site office needs. Company is taking appropriate actions, just may take a little more time. Short-term con that results from long-term pros, will fix it I'm sure.

Advice to Management

Modernize communications methods (Blackberry is not very good in comparison to other products.

2. "Aggressive and Impressive, while still valuing a work/life balance"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sierra Nevada has built their success based on identifying promising markets and acquiring companies within those markets that could benefit from a solid financial base and a proven record of successful leadership. The corporation provides support to each business area while allowing programs to operate independently. Although the company is not afraid to take on challenging and aggressive programs, a focus on work/life balance is maintained.

Cons

In hiring a multitude of talented engineers, the importance of teamwork is sometimes lost. The corporation could greatly benefit from enforcing a team-centered approach to success. Also, I agree with another reviewer's comment regarding growing pains - in attempting to maintain common processes and procedures across the company efficiency is sometimes compromised.

Advice to Management

It is apparent that management is focused on driving success that is not only obtained quickly but is managed with the foresight to last. Thank you for approaching your acquisitions with the future of the program in mind and not just short term profit. I do suggest more focus on publicity; for as groundbreaking as the projects SNC is involved with, most people have never heard of the company outside of personal references.