Sierra Nevada Corporation - I never thought I could combine my love of tinkering and inventing into a REAL job! But it's TRUE! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

"I never thought I could combine my love of tinkering and inventing into a REAL job! But it's TRUE!"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Centennial, CO
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to take stuff apart, experiment possible solutions, try new ideas, build cool stuff and travel to neat places. I get to work with some really great folks and learn new skills almost every day. I also feel that my job makes a real positive difference in the world.

Cons

Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming with so much stuff going on at once. Often there is a big push toward the end of a project which requires long hours.

Advice to Management

I don't think that individual tasks are tracked very well. There is a big rush at the end of every project with long hours. This could be avoided with better engineering task tracking and detailed engineering schedule tracking.

Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

"A fabulous company to work for in many ways!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"People work to live - not live to work" That's why SNC is such a great place to be. There's a lot of great people with great talent to work with, it's like working with friends and family. You get respect here from all levels of employees and managers. It's great to be with a company (in this day and age) that really truly still appreciates and shares in their success with the employees.

Cons

It's hard to come up with anything negative at this point as I am very happy and appreciative to be here.

"SNC is a challenging and enjoyable company to work for."

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SNC has a great culture, cool projects to work on and great people to work with. I am really happy that I decided to start my career here at SNC. I feel challenged every day which makes time just fly by.

Cons

SNC is a tough, quick paced environment. Not suitable for all types of people.

Advice to Management

Make a point of advertising ways that employees can make comments to improve efficiency.