Sierra Nevada Corporation - A fabulous company to work for in many ways! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

"A fabulous company to work for in many ways!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"People work to live - not live to work" That's why SNC is such a great place to be. There's a lot of great people with great talent to work with, it's like working with friends and family. You get respect here from all levels of employees and managers. It's great to be with a company (in this day and age) that really truly still appreciates and shares in their success with the employees.

Cons

It's hard to come up with anything negative at this point as I am very happy and appreciative to be here.

Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

"SNC is a challenging and enjoyable company to work for."

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SNC has a great culture, cool projects to work on and great people to work with. I am really happy that I decided to start my career here at SNC. I feel challenged every day which makes time just fly by.

Cons

SNC is a tough, quick paced environment. Not suitable for all types of people.

Advice to Management

Make a point of advertising ways that employees can make comments to improve efficiency.

"SNC is a company full of opportunities. However, mandatory unpaid overtime and miniscule raises cause morale to be low."

Current Employee - Engineer in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The 401k match is a great benefit. Since SNC is a fairly small company, employees can gain a lot of experience quickly and there are good opportunities for advancement. The company is doing well and continues growing. There is always work and therefore good job security.

Cons

Unpaid overtime is not only a possibility - it is a constant inevitability. Morale is low, as employees do not feel valued. Merit bonuses are rare, and raises are extremely low. For the high profit margins the company sees, not much of it gets passed down to the employees who are working significant overtime to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Requiring employees to work hours of unpaid overtime daily with no end in sight and no incentives will only continue to decrease morale.