Sierra Nevada Corporation - This is the Best Company I have Worked for!!!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

"This is the Best Company I have Worked for!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Sparks, NV
Current Employee - Program Manager in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allows you to use and grow your skills.

Cons

I do not have any cons!

Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

"I never thought I could combine my love of tinkering and inventing into a REAL job! But it's TRUE!"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to take stuff apart, experiment possible solutions, try new ideas, build cool stuff and travel to neat places. I get to work with some really great folks and learn new skills almost every day. I also feel that my job makes a real positive difference in the world.

Cons

Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming with so much stuff going on at once. Often there is a big push toward the end of a project which requires long hours.

Advice to Management

I don't think that individual tasks are tracked very well. There is a big rush at the end of every project with long hours. This could be avoided with better engineering task tracking and detailed engineering schedule tracking.

"SNC is a company full of opportunities. However, mandatory unpaid overtime and miniscule raises cause morale to be low."

Current Employee - Engineer in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The 401k match is a great benefit. Since SNC is a fairly small company, employees can gain a lot of experience quickly and there are good opportunities for advancement. The company is doing well and continues growing. There is always work and therefore good job security.

Cons

Unpaid overtime is not only a possibility - it is a constant inevitability. Morale is low, as employees do not feel valued. Merit bonuses are rare, and raises are extremely low. For the high profit margins the company sees, not much of it gets passed down to the employees who are working significant overtime to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Requiring employees to work hours of unpaid overtime daily with no end in sight and no incentives will only continue to decrease morale.