Sig Sauer - Frustrating | Glassdoor

"Frustrating"

Former Employee - CNC Operator in Newington, NH
Former Employee - CNC Operator in Newington, NH

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on guns and free courses at the academy are a plus and decent benefits are the best things I can say about SigSauer.

Cons

Constantly increasing work demands to keep up with the back orders for the companies product have led to them speeding up the milling centers beyond the tooling and machines abilities leading to constant broken tooling and the demand to run several machines . Poor quality and attitudes being the result . Constantly changing bad management.

Advice to Management

Bring quality and pride back to the shop floor and give the operators time to inspect the parts which is impossible when running up to three machines at once. In one location the supervisor told us to fake our numbers and not put down what we really had gotten . Also complete lack of inspection days on end by certain operators was allowed. Better is managment needed!

Other Employee Reviews for Sig Sauer

"Blind desk drivers leading hard working average joes"

Pros

The common grunt next to you who sees the office 6 figure salaries destroying this place

Cons

A company that employs about 1000 people destroying the name and area workforce

Advice to Management

Slow down, a line of customers at your door demanding your product is better than no line at your door at all!

"Worst place to work in the firearms industry. The only reason you got one star is because zero stars is not an option."

Former Employee - Assembly Repair in Exeter, NH
    Former Employee - Assembly Repair in Exeter, NH

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The free coffee was nice.

Cons

Very poor communication between departments. There is no focus on training new hires mostly because the middle management has no experience or knowledge to teach. Sig Sauer management lacks basic knowledge on how firearms work. There is no feeling of unity there. It is everyone for themselves. You can work harder and better than the next guy and watch him get promoted because he is in "the boys club". Don't waste your time working there. The one good thing that came out of working there is that it helped me get a job at a much more respected manufacturer at double the pay. Thanks for that I guess.

Advice to Management

Quit. Leave the company before your poor decisions completely destroy what was once an extremely well respected brand by serious people in the shooting community.