1. COVID-19

"Great place to work, with helpful and supportive coworkers and a motivating mission"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sigma Computing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I'm extremely proud and happy to work with all of my coworkers, and I've learned plenty from them. I'm also very excited about what Sigma is doing: enabling non-technical folks (aka most of the people in the world) to do explore and gain insights on large datasets. The technology we work with is also super interesting, and there are countless open-ended problems, related to systems, compilers, UX, and everything in between, which we work on. I have confidence in the management team, and there's a strong focus to have an open and welcoming culture for folks of all different backgrounds, and to make sure people aren't burning out, especially in the time of COVID. There is so much work to be done, there is ample opportunity for people to join and take ownership of both existing components, and to build new components.

Cons

It should go without saying that Sigma is a startup, so there are certainly some rough edges -- certain processes we as developers have in place are probably more manual than we'd like them to be, and also some sections of the code (a minority) are not as clean as they could be. Sometimes planning sprints can be a bit hectic, with all the priorities we're managing. But we're constantly working on smoothing things out, and the issues are wellknown.

Other Employee Reviews

"The most I've ever enjoyed a workplace"

5.0
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Sigma Computing full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great product - innovative and has proven it's place - Ego-free, people-oriented, trusting culture - Great people from impressive backgrounds (see leadership especially -- all who see the vision and have invested their experience into this journey)

Cons

- People are passionate and work really hard and at all hours, so it's easy to get messages at random times (but never pressured to work) - Growing fast, so organization is defining itself still - each additional member makes an impact

2. "No Empathy"

1.0
    Current Employee - Technical Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sigma Computing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People by far, especially the founding team.

Cons

Current management has no empathy quotient Don't expect them to understand what people are going through with COVID-19

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Sigma Computing.