SignalDemand - Evangelical leader - not hands-on, but is pretty clear about what the goals are and what we need to do to hit them. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SignalDemand

"Evangelical leader - not hands-on, but is pretty clear about what the goals are and what we need to do to hit them."

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

There is a big opportunity here, and at SD we seem to be ahead of the pack in going after it. We seem to be visionary in this space.

Cons

Complex product.
Seems like it is hard for management and sales to talk about the benefits we create for customers, because it is all confidential info.

Advice to Management

communicate more often - when they do share news it is really good and seems to be on the level, but it doesn't happen enough.

Other Employee Reviews for SignalDemand

1. "be careful who you work for"

Former Employee - Anaonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anaonymous in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Challenge, fast paced environment, smart people.

Cons

Lack of recognition, middle management not very competent

Advice to Management

listen to people at all levels in the organization

2. "Mike Neal is no longer the CEO. Very interesting company with challenging projects and enjoyable people to work with."

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at SignalDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company specializes in model based optimization for mainly protein based businesses. This requires intimate knowledge of the client's business practices and procedures to allow the modeling to work properly. It is very interesting learning these practices and use my expertise in data manipulation and warehousing to enable cost savings for the client.

SignalDemand is very flexible about work schedule and location. I am able to work from home or wherever there is a decent internet connection, for the most part (see below), and that is very convenient.

Cons

Between 30-50% of my job for SignalDemand is travel. I don't mind it too much, but extensive travel does start to be a grind. However, the travel policy is very liberal and I have never had problems with getting my expenses reimbursed.

Advice to Management

There are some software platform issues that need to be worked out in the software stack. If those can be worked out, I think it would reduce some the internal support aggravations. With the new management in place I expect this to be worked out very soon.