Signature Retail Services - I am really only posting because it makes me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Signature Retail Services

"I am really only posting because it makes me"

Pros

It is a relatively flexible job and it is not hard to get time off when needed. Most of the people I work with a great people and do their best to work as hard as possible day in and day out. Most nights and weekends off.

Cons

Benefits are at par at best. Communication is pretty much a peak or a valley, either things do not get communicated at all (and then you are treated as if you should have known this information all along) or it is OVER communicated often impeding your ability to do your job effectively. Like with just about all companies out there, monetary advancements are sporadic and often are below what the actual cost of living increase is. Policies change often making it hard for employees to keep up with what is the most current version of a best practice. Often times new policies are instituted and the only way I find out about is is I stumble upon it on the company website when no direction or communication is given.

Advice to Management

Stop being so penny wise and dollar foolish. Instead of wasting time, money and efforts on useless ventures and trying to force them to work into your model take care of the "basics" and make them run properly and effectively. The best way for a little company to become a big company is not to start acting like a big company but rather take care of the things that a little company should be doing effectively.

Sep 18, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for that feedback and we will be sure to pass it along to the proper channels.

Other Employee Reviews for Signature Retail Services

1. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Signature Retail Services full-time

Pros

People are friendly and easy to talk to. Able to request vacation days with no problem. Nice work environment. Team celebrates 3-4 times per year with entire office staff.

Cons

Ever changing business. Just need to be ready for constant changes.

Advice to Management

None

Dec 14, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for your comments! We are happy to hear that you enjoy your employment with Signature Retail Services. We appreciate all of your hard work.

2. "Was lied to about my job and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

I have been working at Signature Retail Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Was happy when I actually worked or received some sort of communication.

Cons

Was hired full time but never received full time or benefits sick pay holiday pay or insurance. Was told they had plenty of work. Would go over months with no work. Bosses were racist rude and did not care if you were broke down on side of road for 18 hours. Changed my hourly pay to project pay without my consent. Was told by supervisor they had no work in my area and bigger bosses do things to push you to quit. Worse job of my 18 year merchandising career. Don't work for this company!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees. And if you guys can't treat your employees well. You should lose all accounts and give your business to "The Beam Team" you know that your conning your employees. Why? It's wrong and really messed up.
    And how about some sort of training program. This company has no communication. Don't hire soneone full time if you can't give them full time. I lost my apartment and car because I was hired as a full time employee that never got full time. Thanks respectful employer. Lije a bad relationship .Been reading these other reviews and you say your going to change but you never do.

Dec 14, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback and we are so disappointed that you feel this way about the company. Since your feedback is negative, would you be willing to speak on the phone? We want to understand why ... More