Signs By Tomorrow USA-Inc - overworked/underappreciated | Glassdoor

"overworked/underappreciated"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Pros

project variety, opportunity to get to know community, fast paced work environment

Cons

overworked, caliber of work unappreciated, unorganized

Other Employee Reviews for Signs By Tomorrow USA-Inc

1. "BEWARE"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Pasadena, MD
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Pasadena, MD

Pros

You can pay your bills. If you have no experience, they will hire you. The health benefits are pretty good.

Cons

At Signs By Tomorrow, you are not a 'member of the family,' you are a number. They have basically no loyalty to their employees what so ever. I was the only employee at the store and they still treated me like a jerk. They ask the impossible. Other graphic designer will understand this--working for them is like being a chef and the owners of the restaurant you work at want you to cook a filet mignon steak well done in 5 minutes. Guess what. It's just not happening. But because they don't know anything, they blame you for not 'doing your job.'

Also when hired they said in 90 day we'll have a salary review. Instead of 90 days, it was six months and they gave me an insulting raise. The position was originally supposed to be salaried but they said they don't consider give salaries until at least a year has passed. Was hired with possibility of bonuses but when the sales goals were met, the bonuses were retracted.

They have you working with some dangerous chemicals without protection. And climbing broken ladders.

Advice to Management

Be fair. Be respectful. If an employee has a different opinion and more experience, they probably only want to help the company. Don't let you ego get in the way because "you own the place." Listen to your employees sometimes.

2. "Great Place to Work. People were the best"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Signs By Tomorrow USA-Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management and family atmosphere. Life/Work balance was highly valued. Best boss and staff I have ever worked with. Period!

Cons

Limited earning potential. Stressful turnaround times. Not too many other cons.

Advice to Management

Great management. Bonuses or commission may have kept me in my position. Transparency to staff was great and really contributed to everyone's loyalty. I miss working for them.