Sikorsky - I enjoyed my experience at Sikorsky. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sikorsky

"I enjoyed my experience at Sikorsky."

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Stratford, CT
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Sikorsky as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits and pay. Good coworkers as well.

Cons

Old school management. It can be difficult to get promotions,

Other Employee Reviews for Sikorsky

1. "Challenging, Educational, Enriching, and Exciting..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

I worked at Sikorsky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always learning - fast-paced environment with a ton of very educated people with a wide variety of backgrounds
    Never boring - always challenged with new obstacles, new ideas for improvement, constantly trying to better the product or the process (which for me was a great environment to work in)
    Some staff are very open-minded, willing to listen to ideas if you back them up, and ready to give you a chance to run with a project
    Values their employees and provides benefits and independence

Cons

Very demanding! Which can also be a pro
    Union culture in some parts of the shop can be a challenge for industrial engineers/management trying to make a difference but that happens in a lot of manufacturing environments (this actually can go in the pros as well because it challenges the management's communication skills and can foster a great working relationship out of that challenge between the shop floor and the engineering/management teams)
    It can be hard to move up/advance, and the management changes very regularly. The constant restructurting can be difficult to handle when so much depends on the hierarchy in the company.

Advice to Management

Use the hierarchy to your advantage rather than as a way to inhibit productivity

2. "Summer Internship Experience At Sikorsky"

Former Intern - Summer Engineering Intern in Stratford, CT
    Former Intern - Summer Engineering Intern in Stratford, CT

I worked at Sikorsky as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Large engineering company that has many different departments that offer numerous opportunities. As an intern the pay is great and usually they give you a stipend for housing. I recommend going to a department that is new to you, but is something that interests you. You will learn a lot and have an opportunity to work on some really cool things.

Cons

In engineering departments you develop a sort of tunnel vision when working on projects. It is usually small things that you contribute but never have the opportunity to see the big picture. Also, saw that it was hard to move up in the company quickly. Managers are usually 40+ years of age.