Silfex - What was a top notch place to work is now turning into an average company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Silfex

"What was a top notch place to work is now turning into an average company"

Current Employee - Machinist
Current Employee - Machinist

Pros

Nice to work mostly unsupervised. Plenty of personal time and vacation time to start. Benefits are pretty good compared to other companies.

Cons

Lam Research took over and now it is very hard to get hired. People don't get equally paid for the same skill sets.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to pay people what they are worth. It's not right to have one guy make 13 an hour working next to or training a guy making well over 20. Same job should equal same pay.

Other Employee Reviews for Silfex

1. "Good organization with things need to be improved"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Eaton, OH
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Eaton, OH

I have been working at Silfex (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people
    Good benefits
    Treat employee fairly

Cons

Boring surrounding areas
    People are sometime hard to deal with

Advice to Management

Improve trust and relationship between management and workers
    Need to get operators involved in problem solving
    Value people inputs

"Hourly Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eaton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eaton, OH

Pros

Pay, benefits, most people. Employee stock program has been wonderful. Climate controlled facility.

Cons

Work life balance is horrible. Upper Management did nothing to prepare for the work load over a year ago. Now they are scrambling to make it work. They have came up with a plan in the last recent 6 months to implement the 12 hr work day and the 7 day work week. That should solve all problems. We are already working 7 days a week and getting nowhere fast. Upper Management says hourly folk will love it. We cannot sustain the levels of production because they are not aloud to spend money on equipment we need and most of all the talent level we need. Promised us 10 years ago nothing would change in the way company was operated. Everything has changed we are not valued employees anymore, we are machines (pawns as you will) for the upper echelon to get their big bonus checks and stock options. Hourly employees barely get a raise anymore.

Advice to Management

Stand up to parent company and come with a 1 year plan to expand and prepare for the future instead of getting swallowed up by the work load before it is too late. Listen to the people on floor and you might be surprised how much you can learn. Our parent company obviously knows nothing about machining or manufacturing. We cannot continue to hire the bulk of our work force that doesnt have the creditials to produce right away. A true machinists is a 2 to 4 year process , it is a skilled trade. Wake up before it is too late!!!! The atmosphere has went from a 9 or 10 to 2 really quickly. By the way we live heartland America not the 24/7 East or west coast. Family time means alot here. Working 12hrs a day is not only unsafe but doesn't warrent much quality family time in Mid-west.