Silgan Plastics Corporation - Overall Silgan is a good place to work. The people are a huge asset. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Silgan Plastics Corporation

"Overall Silgan is a good place to work. The people are a huge asset."

Pros

The people that work at Silgan are great. The location is very convenient and the offices are very nice. Overall it is a nice place to work.

Cons

Not enough recognition when a job is done well. Employees really just want to be recognized and appreciated and that is somewhat lacking at times.

Other Employee Reviews for Silgan Plastics Corporation

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Silgan Plastics Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to be. Our management team has completely turned us around. In short time, we will be the leader in the industry. Our management team understands that the only way we will be successful is through the people within our plants. This is 180 degrees from our previous management. I love coming to work now and I am very happy I stuck around. Please note, I downvoted the previous CEO in this review, not the current CEO.

Cons

We are still paying from some bad decisions that were made under the old team. We are almost through the storm. But, not 100% quite yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and please continue to stress "transparency and accountability"

2. "Turning things around"

I have been working at Silgan Plastics Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is capable and knows what needs to be done for the business to be successful. Positive changes to culture are under way. Company seems to care about employees and the community.

Cons

Work/life balance is an issue in some areas. Sometimes the balance is slanted more toward being reactive than proactive. Vacation policy could be better.

Advice to Management

Continue to show your employees that their hard work is appreciated.