Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I dont know what this means.

Jul 29, 2021 - Silicon Design Engineer in Warren, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

it has great silicone. some of the best in the world. You can't find a better place for weird smelling silicone

Cons

it smelled weird, and it had some clowns. I do not like clowns.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Positive experience

Sep 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an employee, I can say that Silicon Labs gave me a very positive experience during hiring process and my onboarding was top notch, thanks to my manager and super efficient HR team here. There are very well established and process oriented functions. Latest systems to work on to improve productivity. I am very proud to be a part of Silicon Labs and looking forward to excel and grow with the company.

Cons

Nothing at all .. ..

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Benefits and People Team - No Career Planning or Workload Management

Jun 7, 2021 - Corporate Marketing in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health benefits, stock options, and other benefits are strong. Tyson is a fantastic and friendly CEO. The in-person culture was great in terms of holiday parties, happy hours, food provided at company meetings, sales conferences, etc. The company also has strong philanthropy efforts and it's easy to get involved there if that's important to you. It feels like a few people at the company genuinely want to give back to the community.

Cons

Workloads and working hours are not the best, it's easy to always feel overloaded. Priorities change quickly to whatever happens to have been last said by the executives. Managers and supervisors are too busy to provide the support you need to succeed. Additionally, career paths are not defined clearly. You may take on many new roles and responsibilities, but raises are very limited and percentage-based (7% is considered extremely high). You will be expected to perform new functions without taking any away. It feels like the budget is always being tightened while output is expected to increase. The teams are lean as can be and then some. Everyone feels like they need an intern/new hire that they won't get. Teams that depend on each other are frustrated that the other team can't provide a dependency fast enough and fight for authority over types of projects in hopes they can move faster.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Silicon Labs.