SilkRoad Technology - Fun Place to work and a Wonderful Brand to Promote | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SilkRoad Technology

"Fun Place to work and a Wonderful Brand to Promote"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

Flexible work hours, Love the ability to work from anywhere, Really fun brand to promote and market, Easy going and mostly stress free

Cons

Very few complaints worth noting other than no 401K matching. Have worked places with better benefits and better salary

Advice to Management

I do notice silos between teams so it would be nice if upper management would make a greater effort to bring everyone together to feel like the family that we are.

Other Employee Reviews for SilkRoad Technology

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at SilkRoad Technology (Less than a year)

Pros

Great international team, beautiful office, good set of tools (notebook, phone etc.)
    Loads of freedom and responsiblity
    Management lets you do what you consider the right thing, as long as the results are satisfactory. One of the best jobs I ever had.

Cons

Not really a lot to complain about - but I need to fill at least 20 words, so I need to put something more, otherwise my comment will not be saved.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the option to work with you. Even though working under Flip gaves us more freedom and responsibility, I can understand the restrictions you needed to put in effect due to the difficult financial situation.

"A Ticking Time Bomb"

Former Employee - Implementation Associate
    Former Employee - Implementation Associate

I worked at SilkRoad Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance. HMO is good. The team is very amazing; not to mention the team lead who really does his work.

Cons

In my opinion, the management in general has a very feeble stance in selecting priorities and in making decisions. The management locally, is surprisingly... weak. A whole year goes for the satellite center being too minimally planned and the superiors don't really bother to learn the process so much but is very good in downplaying employee efforts to strive hard and to perform better. Additionally, they make slightly unreasonable policies just for the sake of pretentious changes and innovations.

The compensation is horribly low; but doesn't make up for it by providing salary increases but is constantly piling up our responsibilities. Additionally, the software suite has a lot unnecessary constraints and caveats that is very detrimental to career growth; not to mention how terrible it scales with modern standards.

Advice to Management

Love your employees; they are your company's soul -- there could be people outside waiting to be hired but you can't really be sure if they're as equally productive as the ones you have lost (or will lose).