SilverTech - Pretty much everything you read here is junk | Glassdoor

"Pretty much everything you read here is junk"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid company that cares about its crew, its clients and the community.

Cons

If there is a con here, its the bashing on this website. I can't understand how someone could work here for "shy of 3 years" and be miserable. After all, I don't see anyone being forced to show up each and every day. Something must be wrong with yourself and your ability to obtain employment elsewhere if you had to stick though the "abysmal place" for that long. Stop with the grudge and move on.

Advice to Management

Don't read the junk here. Nothing about the negative reviews is true. Keep charging ahead and keep caring about each other, our clients and the community like we do.

SilverTech2017-05-06

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Employer contributions for medical, dental and vision insurance premiums, HRA, 401k + great company match. - People really care about each other, giving it a family-feel. - Management invests in employees, and is always helping employees get to the next step in their professional development. - Open office environment that helps everyone work more collaboratively. - Overall great company culture and... values. - Several other perks like company sponsored events, takeout Tuesday, birthday PTO, fitness reimbursement, etc.

Cons

- I don't have any cons to list.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in employees and providing them the training and development they need to grow in their career.

SilverTech2019-06-11

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly not much, They have not great Health Insurance, but it's there. Every other Thursday the company gathers and drinks beer

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance. During my time there employees were expected to put in over 10 hour days and come in during the weekend to finish whatever work needs to be done, and the most you get is maybe food. Very few QA staff that are way too overworked to get things done. They take advantage of recent grads to get really cheap labor. No one knows what's going on. Projects are not well defined in the... least. spec documents are vague and often unfinished. Source control is an afterthought - sneaker net was used on occasion. Super minor, but they have arcade machines throughout the building that were touted as a cool cultural thing, but during my time there I never saw turned on. Training is practically non-existent. The pay is really low, and they use their really bad "benefits" package as an excuse. Management are an echo chamber and don't listen to the people who are boots on the ground.

Advice to Management

Honestly nothing I say here will be taken seriously, but stop using the "Agency Life" excuse and really get your processes in order. pay your people what they deserve, and don't allow people to spend 90% of their time slaving away.

SilverTech2018-12-03

Discover more reviews about SilverTech.