SilverTech - Kiss work/life balance goodbye | Glassdoor

"Kiss work/life balance goodbye"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits package was great - 100% employer-paid health/dental/vision. Generally nice work environment with intelligent, hard working people. Free coffee and beer/popcorn during the biweekly "Fireside Chat" where the leadership praise the sales team.

Cons

When I was brought on board as a developer (or "billable resource" as we came to be known) it seemed like the ideal job - great benefits, decent salary, friendly staff, and work that was interesting and challenging. I even moved my family 150 miles to relocate to Manchester because it seemed like such a great fit. There was talk of professional development opportunities like training and code reviews, but it was... just that - talk. Sales will promise unrealistic timelines for delivery to get a client, and management will expect the deadline to be met, even if it means requiring the staff to work on holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas. The company culture, if you can call it that, is to run their production staff into the ground and replace them.

Advice to Management

SilverTech doesn't have enough developers to do the work they've taken on the timeframes they've promised their clients. Hire more developers, set realistic deadlines, and treat your "billable resources" like the hard working people they are.

SilverTech2015-04-29

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Employer contributions for medical, dental and vision insurance premiums, HRA, 401k + great company match. - People really care about each other, giving it a family-feel. - Management invests in employees, and is always helping employees get to the next step in their professional development. - Open office environment that helps everyone work more collaboratively. - Overall great company culture and... values. - Several other perks like company sponsored events, takeout Tuesday, birthday PTO, fitness reimbursement, etc.

Cons

- I don't have any cons to list.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in employees and providing them the training and development they need to grow in their career.

SilverTech2019-06-11

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly not much, They have not great Health Insurance, but it's there. Every other Thursday the company gathers and drinks beer

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance. During my time there employees were expected to put in over 10 hour days and come in during the weekend to finish whatever work needs to be done, and the most you get is maybe food. Very few QA staff that are way too overworked to get things done. They take advantage of recent grads to get really cheap labor. No one knows what's going on. Projects are not well defined in the... least. spec documents are vague and often unfinished. Source control is an afterthought - sneaker net was used on occasion. Super minor, but they have arcade machines throughout the building that were touted as a cool cultural thing, but during my time there I never saw turned on. Training is practically non-existent. The pay is really low, and they use their really bad "benefits" package as an excuse. Management are an echo chamber and don't listen to the people who are boots on the ground.

Advice to Management

Honestly nothing I say here will be taken seriously, but stop using the "Agency Life" excuse and really get your processes in order. pay your people what they deserve, and don't allow people to spend 90% of their time slaving away.

SilverTech2018-12-03

Discover more reviews about SilverTech.