SilverTech - Pure nightmare. Positive reviews are blatant lies. | Glassdoor

"Pure nightmare. Positive reviews are blatant lies."

I have been working at SilverTech full-time

Pros

It's true, the health care coverage is paid in full, and a few of the production staff members are super talented and awesome people. that is it. The health care is covered in full, and decent if you are single. If you have a family, it is terrible. Co-pays, and deductibles are high though

Cons

Everything else is god-awful. The CEO is terrible—the worst person I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Greedy, selfish, childish, & condescending. If that's not enough, some of his super cool friends work there who definitely add value... by slowing things down, and taking credit for hard work I see people do everyday. Company talks a lot about "PROCESS" blahblahblah. Its just rhetoric. No process... lives long enough to be followed. They just keep looking for the golden egg solution to make it all easy, and fast. HINT: Its not easy, or fast. Work has impossible deadlines, often maxing out employees. There is little to no employee satisfaction here. I can't wait to get out of this place. I am not sure who is writing these positive reviews, but I assure you its nobody I know. We're all looking to get out of this trap. Save yourself the trouble, and DO NOT work here. I'm almost certain these positive reviews are being requested, or written to push the entirely honestly negative ones off the page and improve the company perception. Work/life balance. HAH. Zero. You are expected to work all the time if necessary. And I mean EXPECTED. You are owned. Culture is manufactured via required events that are so ridiculously scripted. If you want to improve company perception, start internally and try doing so organically. Not artificially, that is just gross.

Advice to Management

I would have said all of this in person, but I don't want to get fired for being honest, and trying to make a different like I've seen happen to many people. I'm don't trying to make this place work. Seems like the CEO is too. Good people keep leaving. Wonder why?

SilverTech2015-06-19

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Employer contributions for medical, dental and vision insurance premiums, HRA, 401k + great company match. - People really care about each other, giving it a family-feel. - Management invests in employees, and is always helping employees get to the next step in their professional development. - Open office environment that helps everyone work more collaboratively. - Overall great company culture and... values. - Several other perks like company sponsored events, takeout Tuesday, birthday PTO, fitness reimbursement, etc.

Cons

- I don't have any cons to list.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in employees and providing them the training and development they need to grow in their career.

SilverTech2019-06-11

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly not much, They have not great Health Insurance, but it's there. Every other Thursday the company gathers and drinks beer

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance. During my time there employees were expected to put in over 10 hour days and come in during the weekend to finish whatever work needs to be done, and the most you get is maybe food. Very few QA staff that are way too overworked to get things done. They take advantage of recent grads to get really cheap labor. No one knows what's going on. Projects are not well defined in the... least. spec documents are vague and often unfinished. Source control is an afterthought - sneaker net was used on occasion. Super minor, but they have arcade machines throughout the building that were touted as a cool cultural thing, but during my time there I never saw turned on. Training is practically non-existent. The pay is really low, and they use their really bad "benefits" package as an excuse. Management are an echo chamber and don't listen to the people who are boots on the ground.

Advice to Management

Honestly nothing I say here will be taken seriously, but stop using the "Agency Life" excuse and really get your processes in order. pay your people what they deserve, and don't allow people to spend 90% of their time slaving away.

SilverTech2018-12-03

Discover more reviews about SilverTech.