SilverTech - Do you like the taste of your own stomach acid? | Glassdoor

"Do you like the taste of your own stomach acid?"

I worked at SilverTech full-time

Pros

- 100% Paid Benefits - 401k Matching - Awesome building - Cool video games everywhere (which are never used) - Smart employees and fun working environment - Take out Tuesdays every other week (rotating food) provided by company

Cons

No feedback of any kind on your work, so get used to the taste of your own stomach acid. Even when a project has an extremely tight deadline and you get it completed. Just move on to the next ridiculous deadline. A good scenario to explain how it feels is, when your project manager asks, "Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?" The best answer is: "Nope, just another tunnel." The company has serious... communication problems that are systemic from the top down. This was apparent from day one. Clients are over promised on what the developers can deliver, which leaves no room for innovation whatsoever. Developers are just trying to get the work done in the budgeted hours. Employee burnout and turnover is quite staggering. You will see lots of new faces, watch the frustration grow, then watch them evaporate into thin air. Management is too busy to do code reviews, trainings or any personal development. Even when pushed by employees, there doesn't seem to be any interest in that direction. They are more interested in getting the projects out the door, so they will overwork their employees until they leave. The pay was below market value and there will be whispers of pay bumps, but good luck with that. Management will repeatedly promise one thing and do the opposite, almost immediately. This is certainly one of the reasons why they lose so many good people. The processes are not even close to being ironed out, so be comfortable with a bumpy ride in any project. There were so many process changes in my time there, none of which get fully adopted. So why not throw more process on top, that seems to be a viable solution. This is the reality of SilverTech! The games around the office are great for attracting talent, but let me tell you that those are rarely turned on. Even when the office breaks early for Fireside Chat, they don't get turned on. All of these negative reviews rang true for me in my time there, so think about that before you decide to work here.

Advice to Management

Be true to the words you speak to your employees, they notice when you don't follow through on those promises. Get your act together!

SilverTech2016-03-20

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Employer contributions for medical, dental and vision insurance premiums, HRA, 401k + great company match. - People really care about each other, giving it a family-feel. - Management invests in employees, and is always helping employees get to the next step in their professional development. - Open office environment that helps everyone work more collaboratively. - Overall great company culture and... values. - Several other perks like company sponsored events, takeout Tuesday, birthday PTO, fitness reimbursement, etc.

Cons

- I don't have any cons to list.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in employees and providing them the training and development they need to grow in their career.

SilverTech2019-06-11

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly not much, They have not great Health Insurance, but it's there. Every other Thursday the company gathers and drinks beer

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance. During my time there employees were expected to put in over 10 hour days and come in during the weekend to finish whatever work needs to be done, and the most you get is maybe food. Very few QA staff that are way too overworked to get things done. They take advantage of recent grads to get really cheap labor. No one knows what's going on. Projects are not well defined in the... least. spec documents are vague and often unfinished. Source control is an afterthought - sneaker net was used on occasion. Super minor, but they have arcade machines throughout the building that were touted as a cool cultural thing, but during my time there I never saw turned on. Training is practically non-existent. The pay is really low, and they use their really bad "benefits" package as an excuse. Management are an echo chamber and don't listen to the people who are boots on the ground.

Advice to Management

Honestly nothing I say here will be taken seriously, but stop using the "Agency Life" excuse and really get your processes in order. pay your people what they deserve, and don't allow people to spend 90% of their time slaving away.

SilverTech2018-12-03

Discover more reviews about SilverTech.