Silverado - Wasted time and energy | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Wasted time and energy"

Former Employee - Professional, Master Level in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Professional, Master Level in San Diego, CA

I worked at Silverado full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any right now

Cons

Very negative, paranoid office atmosphere. They smile and act nice to you, but crucify you behind closed doors. I've never been treated this way in my entire career.

Advice to Management

You might want to do some exit interviewIingto see what's really going on in the isolated little offices, what is that turnover really about?

Jun 11, 2014 – Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Thank you for posting your response. We are proud to say that we have taken your advice and there have been significant changes to our San Diego office in the past few weeks.

Because of input... More

Other Employee Reviews for Silverado

"Loved the residents, hated administration.....especially corporate"

Former Employee - LVN Charge Nurse in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - LVN Charge Nurse in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Silverado full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-The residents steal your heart
    -The families for the most part are very involved and verbalize appreciation
    -The caregivers and other nurses REALLY care about the residents and give good care
    -The working hours and availability of extra shifts if you want them
    -You can make a difference in at least 1 residents life everyday
    -Ability to make lifelong friendships with staff and/or family members

Cons

-Corporate, corporate, corporate only care about money and not the residents or staff
    -keep staff who blatantly do not show up for work, yet let others go who really want to be there, solely based on "personality"...which means they do not kiss up to upper mgt and corporate
    -If you kiss enough behinds....you can go all the way to the top
    -the mgt form their own opinions about the residents and staff and rarely listen to your concerns

Advice to Management

Get your act together and make it about the residents and the people who take care of them and not just about the money. Make advancement about the person....not your opinions of them......if they can do the job, then promote them into it......you are losing a lot of really qualified people....and staff who really want to be there in favor of hiring an unqualified person for $2 less, then having to fire them.

Jun 11, 2014 – Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Thank you for providing more than five great years of service to so many of our residents, their families and our fellow associates at our Calabasas community. We really do have an outstanding team... More

"In theory, great "standards and philosophies" in practice- not so much."

I have been working at Silverado full-time

Pros

You can bring your kids and pets to work. The residents are amazing and a privilege care for.

Cons

The standards that the company were founded upon are now mere suggestions. When Loren Shook rolls in to town, everyone goes in motion- not out of love, but out of fear. The company has become census driven, person centered care is a thing of the past. Benefits are outrageously expensive, there is no transparency or safety for associates to voice their concerns. HR is a joke. Company spends more time flying people all over the place than providing meaningful opportunities for associates or residents. The company appears to have changed focus since the REIT became involved.

Advice to Management

Go back to your roots and reasons for doing what you set out to do and stay there. Your residents and associates deserve this. Treat your associates as if they are important to your operation. Obliterate the culture of fear that has been created surrounding "home office." Hold people accountable to the standards you created.

Jun 11, 2014 – Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

We are always looking for feedback from our current associates. We encourage our associates to provide their ideas and suggestion through our annual associate satisfaction survey, town hall meetings... More