Silverado - Compassionate, caring company | Glassdoor

"Compassionate, caring company"

I worked at Silverado full-time

Pros

Company leaders are truly passionate and dedicated to company mission of "enriching lives." Company culture is supportive and enriching for employees and customers. Employees are encouraged to be innovative and engaged with residents and families. Employees can bring their children to work to interact with the residents. Interacting with the Alzheimer's and dementia residents is very rewarding.

Cons

Work-Life balance can be hard to achieve in a business that is open 24/7. Stress can be very high, it is a very demanding job both physically and emotionally.

Aug 19, 2014 – Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your story. It is always so rewarding to hear about our associate’s stories and how they were able to live out our mission during their time at Silverado. Work-life balance ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Silverado

"Enough is enough!"

Current Employee - Hard Worker
    Current Employee - Hard Worker

I have been working at Silverado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents will come into your hearts and make themselves at home! :) The pay is OK, not great but OK. I love the people I work with!

Cons

The pressure from the home office is overwhelming! NOTHING is EVER good enough, they are ALWAYS pushing you for more more more!! When they can barely take care of who is there already! The staffing ratios are not kept up and when you are working with people who have extreme behaviors that is DANGEROUS! Work-life balance is a joke...when you work for Silverado that becomes your life...say goodbye to your family and friends for they will rarely get to see you!

Advice to Management

The pressure is too much! BACK OFF!!! If the place is growing and we are meeting the goals say GOOD JOB to the WHOLE team NOT just the sales people because it is a GROUP EFFORT! Things also need to get more consistent from one community to the next...especially when it comes to associates and how many we should all get! Plan for more and give permission to hire ahead of the census!
    STOP BUILDING MORE AND TAKE CARE OF WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE! HELP MORE THAN JUST THE COMMUNITIES IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!

Aug 19, 2014 – Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

We really would love the opportunity to speak to you in person about your concerns. As a current associate, we want to hear from you. We are a very forward-thinking, cutting edge organization ... More

"Community Ambassador"

Pros

The culture of Silverado is not something you find in other companies. The idea that we get more than you give is felt everyday at The Huntington, seeing that most of the staff has been here for years. They stay because the reward of helping the residence each and everyday as a group is something you just don't see in today's workforce. They are truly a team in the truest sense of the word.
    I have been humbled by the acts of kindness that I have witness.
    This is a great place to work.

Cons

I seriously can not think of one negative comment. It is truly fantastic work place.

Advice to Management

Your open door policy allows me to feel free to talk and share my thoughts without feeling I am interrupting.

Aug 5, 2014 – Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your story. We are such a great place to work but the story means so much more when one of our associates tells it. We are so fortunate to not only witness, but be a part of ... More