Silverpop - A hard working relief | Glassdoor

"A hard working relief"

I have been working at Silverpop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Silverpop treats its people well. This sounds like a throw away statement, but the reality, is I've been there and been doing that for 20 years in high-tech and while everyone says it, few live it. Most companies treat their people like interchangeable Legos, pop a new one in when the old one doesn't do something someone in management likes. Silverpop treats people with respect and like grown-ups. Management is open to ideas and engages with employees much more than any other firms of their size. Within the first few weeks I was hanging out with CEO Bill Nussey exchanging ideas about growing business that have became reality. This respectful attitude comes from the top and I've experienced it across the board.
Coming from a competitor, the product is very slick, much than I realized, which I've found is a sentiment shared out in the wider world. When pitching the behavioral capabilities or the workflow, I am generally met with sincere astonishment and, "dang, we thought you guys were just an ESP". This thing cooks and does 95% of what I was dreaming about at my last gig.

Cons

1. There are a lot of process oriented systems to allow for growth at scale that are confusing for a newbie. A lot of these are being addressed, while others are going no where soon.
2. Marketing needs more focus around what the Silverpop does, I know it's in process and the new messaging is much tighter, but it is difficult when you're the first person trying to sell into a new segment.

Advice to Management

You've crested 500 people and it's hard, but try and keep the feel of a firm where the CEO takes everyone out to lunch and managers grab a beer with people several levels down in the food chain- that stuff matters to people.
Going public is always the dream of every start-up, but the reality of the market under Sarbanes–Oxley is very difficult, there has to be a cleaver third way, so please look at this carefully (though I know they are).

Other Employee Reviews for Silverpop

1. "Current Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - RSM
    Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at Silverpop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture! People really care. Even though we are over the 500 mark, there is still an incredible entrepreneurial feel to the culture. We are encouraged to get out in front of prospects and to industry events. We are not micro-managed. We run our own businesses within our territories.
    Product is really second to none! Once a customer signs they are amazed at how great our technology is.

Cons

We are still finding our voice. We have an amazing story, company, and product, however we still don't have as much brand awareness as I would like to see.

Advice to Management

The Axiom/solution selling methodology is great, but make more of an effort to train newbies on the industry, competition, etc. instead of learning excessive acronym based selling model.

2. "Trending Up"

I have been working at Silverpop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An innovative SaaS product that incorporates email marketing and marketing automation has reinvigorated growth. Great customers and a strong set of partners. Marketing and sales went through some re-alignment in 2012 to improve effectiveness, which now seems to be having a positive impact.

Cons

Market awareness is not as strong as others in the industry. Competitors are moving more aggressively to catch up.