Simmons Bank - Working for Simmons First was a life changing great time. Management assisted my career from the beginning day. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Simmons Bank

"Working for Simmons First was a life changing great time. Management assisted my career from the beginning day."

Current Employee - Vice President & Regional Manager QCS Coach in Pine Bluff, AR

I have been working at Simmons Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Simmons First has a great management team and has always welcomed input from their associates from the bottom up!

Cons

In need of more locations in the Northwest Arkansas market. This would make it a better choice for customers.

Advice to Management

Needs to be more agressive in keeping long term associates

Other Employee Reviews for Simmons Bank

1. "Definitely not what I expected."

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

Pros

It's a job.
    Gives you some source of income.

Cons

There are a couple people I work with who have been employed with Simmons for a long time and are very rude. Even the customers complain. They also have a tendency to think their the boss and try to constantly tell other FSRs what to do.

There is little or no promotional oppurtunity or advancement. If you want to wait 5 years+ to advance then this is the job for you.

The customers in the small town where I work are very rude sometimes. It is as if their money is better than everyone else's.

No competitive pay. Pay is good probably for a highschool graduate, but not for an adult with bills to pay.

If you are part time, there are no benefits involved at all. They tend to hire more part time employees to avoid giving benefits.

Job is very stressful for the pay.

Advice to Management

The branch manager where I worked, walked in on an employee bad-mouthing her and did not say a word to her about it. Instead she went to the other employees and questioned them about what was being said. They need to take more leadership and stop allowing other people to do their job for them.

I have been employed there 3 months so far, but I will give it 6 months max.

2. "A great place to work but no place is perfect"

Pros

Compared to the competitors they have a good compensation plan. They stay on top security, it is a priority. Love to work here.

Cons

They play favoritism within the company. Some of the management do not care about the people on the floor doing the hard work.

Advice to Management

Do not promote people just because you are friends with them, I believe that is unethical. Look at all of the qualities in the candidates up for promotion.