Simon-Kucher & Partners - Once a great company.... | Glassdoor

"Once a great company...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Simon-Kucher & Partners full-time

Pros

Simon-Kucher is well known for pricing and especially in the life sciences industry. During my tenure, there was a great culture among the staff who often hung out together and were collaborative.

Cons

Over time there cracks in the organization began to form. One of my biggest concerns is that the partners are now completely removed from the organization. They rarely attend events and, if you would like to speak with them, it is very hard to get time with them. Partners own the company and each of them thinks they are the king which creates a lot of conflict and tension. This also means that much of what the partners say is not true any more. For example, they say it is a flat organization which is supportive of individual growth but the partners are not accessible and they have been running as "up or out" for the last three years. These two trends show a clear disconnect between speaking points and the actual practice. Given how far down they are on revenue, they will probably have another round of dismissals at the end of the year (2017).

Advice to Management

Your people are your most important asset, if you treat them poorly you're giving up on your future.

Simon-Kucher & Partners2017-09-25

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Simon-Kucher & Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, friendly and smart people doing interesting and challenging work.

Cons

Can be long hours

Simon-Kucher & Partners2019-11-29

"Great experience, Tons of Responsibility Early On"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Simon-Kucher & Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was in the Life Sciences division at SKP NY. I was trusted from day one to make a tangible impact on my team and to take on real responsibility. I can't imagine a better place to get responsibility early on and have more client facing opportunities. The mentorship was also great and allowed me to grow tremendously. The team was supportive and the culture was nice, fair, and reasonable. Additionally, the work was challenging. I was working with smart and motivated people. Our clients were companies with interesting challenges and I always felt like I was making a real difference.

Cons

The major downside, which can be expected from any consulting company in NY, were the hours. Up to 50 hours per week is pretty typical, but you aren't going to find better than that in consulting, especially at a successful company like SKP

Simon-Kucher & Partners2019-11-22

Discover more reviews about Simon-Kucher & Partners.