Simon Property Group - Great company.. Wonderful pay and benefits. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Simon Property Group

"Great company.. Wonderful pay and benefits."

Current Employee - Guest Services Manager in Greenwood, IN
Current Employee - Guest Services Manager in Greenwood, IN

I have been working at Simon Property Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company. Hasn't downsized or been badly affected by the economy. Doing very well in the stock market. They treat their full-time employees well. Compensation and benefits are great.

Cons

I work hard and my job is never compete. My boss is very difficult to work for. Having to meet last years sales goals is hard but my goals increase every year. I love the company I work for but feel I cannot transfer to a different position since I do not have a higher education than a GED. I have no way to attend college or even night classes since I am on call all the time I am salary and work well over 50 hours a week.

Other Employee Reviews for Simon Property Group

"Don't believe the hype"

Former Employee - Operations Director in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Director in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Simon Property Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This organization has opportunities for those willing to commit to their business philosophy

Cons

This organization fosters tremendous greed and overzealous leadership. Managers tend to thrive on meeting their bonus potential, and overlook the importance of business functions.

Advice to Management

Limit your managers to minimal independent judgment and latitude for inititiatives.

"If they only knew"

Current Employee - Management in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Management in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Simon Property Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Location, parking, good properties in portfolio and hardworking people in many segments. Company went through down turn better than most.

Cons

All work in fear of CEO. It is run as his personal company and bully play pen. Very immature, degrading, with very bad manners. A very spoiled and unenlightened Napolean. Most are very happy he is gone to NY. Maybe some of the screaming and little bully boy name calling will stop.

Work with very old fashioned technology. The IT sophistication is very low except when it comes to shutting down what programs can be used. Operating on out of date browsers and software. Company is full of control freaks.

Advice to Management

Your people will never really work hard with such poor people skills at the top. Developers are outclassed by other companies and very lazy.